Valued Contributor

Anyone here use Apple Cider Vinegar for Beauty (or health) Reasons?

Hi Ladies,

Although I've read about the "folk" remedy, ACV, for a long time, I've never used it for anything other than cooking. However, my DH gets fairly bad heartburn and recently starting taking 1-2 teaspoons of ACV at the start of his discomfort and has raved about how great he thinks this remedy truly is! I've read that many people use it to treat acne and other beauty-related issues. I've also read a lot about how many believe it is a *mircacle* cure for all sorts of things, including: stomach issues, diarrhea, constipation, etc., ulcers, restoring Ph balance to the body, infection, etc. Now, while I don't think anything is a miracle, and do quite a bit of reading on alternative remedies, I would love to know what you think.

Anyone here use ACV on a regular basis? And for what purposes? I'd love to hear your experience using this.

TIA{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone here use Apple Cider Vinegar for Beauty (or health) Reasons?

Bumpin' to keep this alive for a minute! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I've read about ACV benefits, but had forgotten about them. The heartburn remedy sounds good, especially with all the concerns about the OTC (formerly prescription only) medicines and their side effects. Thanks for reminding me about this. I love using natural products when I can.Smile

Super Contributor

I don't know about "beauty" benefits of ACV, but I do take "Vim & Vigor" from Vermont Country Store. It is ACV mixed with some herbs. I don't take it every day, but when I have a particularly heavy/greasy meal I take a teaspoonful after eating. When I was dieting a few years ago, I took a teaspoonful every day and I really think that helped with my weight loss.

Trusted Contributor

I use it topically & internally from time to time. It is great in making the body more alkaline. It can be used as a toner(if you can tolerate the smell). I sometimes use it in my clay mask since I have the tendency to breakout. Heard its great for the hair too but I have not used it on my hair.

Trusted Contributor

Although some believe it helps a variety of ailments, the WebMD site and others that I've seen say there is insufficient evidence that it is effective in helping the following:

• Some preliminary research suggests that consuming vinegar or apple cider vinegar might reduce blood sugar levels after a meal.
  • Slow digestion (gastroparesis).
  • Weight loss.
  • Leg cramps and pain.
  • Unsettled stomach.
  • Sore throats.
  • Sinus problems.
  • High blood pressure.
  • Arthritis.
  • Infection.
  • Weak bones (osteoporosis).
  • lowering cholesterol.
  • Improving circulation.
  • Acne.
  • Sunburn.
  • Shingles.
  • Bites.
  • Dandruff.
  • Vaginal infections (vaginitis).
  • Other conditions.

Trusted Contributor

Me? Digestion...healthy kidney function. I like how it makes me feel.
Super Contributor

Stops hiccups immediately. I always keep a bottle for that.
Super Contributor

On 3/2/2015 05gage25 said:

I've read about ACV benefits, but had fourrgotten about them. The heartburn remedy sounds good, especially with all the concerns about the OTC (formerly prescription only) medicines and their side effects. Thanks for reminding me about this. I love using natural products when I can.Smile

Baking soda stops heartburn. Mix about a teaspoon with water.
Trusted Contributor

I use Organic Cider Vinegar twice a week on my hair. I have mild seborrheic dermatitis and when I use the vinegar, it is non-existant. It HAS to be organic vinegar with "the Mother". I use BRAGG brand. Just a couple of Tablespoons in 6-8 oz after rinsing the conditioner is all you need. The organic vinegar has a strong smell, but it goes away after styling. I do a quick lukewarm to cool rinse after the vinegar. My hair shines and the SD is gone.

Much better than using commercial HARSH brands of shampoo full of chemicals for control of the SD. My doctor gave me a prescription shampoo to use for my SD and my hair turned to straw. The vinegar is natural and WORKS!