Trusted Contributor

Question in ref to the Facelift/Botox Thread

I've been thinking about this also. Considering Botox more so than a Facelift, but I'd like to be able to talk with a good plastic surgeon first and get an honest opinion. My question: how does one go about finding a good doctor? I live about an hour outside of Philadelphia. I would prefer to go there as I think the best PSs would be in Philly. Can anyone help with this question. I'm 62. I don't know anyone whose had either procedure done.
Super Contributor

Re: Question in ref to the Facelift/Botox Thread

I'd Google something like "best Plastic Surgeon in Philadelphia", read the reviews, and go to his/her site and look at the before/after pics. Often in reviews people give a lot more insight into what the physician offers than just checking out the site does.

I compiled a lot of "maybes" that way (for when I do get something done). And that's how I found the doctor who did my Botox. (He specializes in post-weight loss surgery, though, so I'd prefer someone who has done a LOT of faces.)

I know you'll get some great suggestions from others here.

Trusted Contributor

There is a website called realself dot com that has a lot of good information and reviews on cosmetic surgery. You can access a lot of it without joining, but might need to join for all of the benefits. You can look up reviews if doctors near you and see before and after photos posted by clients. Doctors also log in and answer questions that have been posted by potential patients. Their responses can be quite telling.
Valued Contributor

1st of all, board certified. Interview . talk to patients if possible. (probably not, privacy)

the MD's always have photos (before and after) get recommendations from other doctors. Do your homework.

Valued Contributor

You could go to Lisa Robertsons facebook and ask her where she goes.I dont think you live to far from her..I bet she shares it with you!

Super Contributor

Whenever I need a referral - I just ask my own doctor who she would recommend.

Trusted Contributor

Lots of great recs so far. That's is one thing I was thinking about but forgetting "board certified". Thanks for reminding me of that. I'm about 40 min from QVC. I just might go to Lisa's Facebook pg, and ask her. But don't you think she'll deny having anything done? She loves NYC. She might have had it done there.
Valued Contributor

On 3/2/2015 priusgal said: Lots of great recs so far. That's is one thing I was thinking about but forgetting "board certified". Thanks for reminding me of that. I'm about 40 min from QVC. I just might go to Lisa's Facebook pg, and ask her. But don't you think she'll deny having anything done? She loves NYC. She might have had it done there.

I have read others say she admits to having botox,but you might be right on getting it done in N.Y...Maybe Dr Denese..lol.