New Contributor

I've learned in the past few months that auto deliveries are deceptive if you modify or edit your plan. There are plans that say you will receive three shipments and there are others that say for a period of a number of years. If you REALLY like the product, I've learned that you cannot "edit" your plan as the hosts say we can. If you cancel a shipment, you won't get it shipped later. If you "cancel this shipment," it is forever cancelled. The secret may be to move up the date if you can in fact do so. Some dates cannot be changed. I've had A-Ds cancelled after just ONE shipment. Very disappointing and IMHO very deceptive. Bottom line: If you like the product, let the auto-ship run even if you aren't ready for your next shipment.

Honored Contributor

Re: Auto-Delivery is Deceptive

That has not been my experience. Granted, I have only been on auto-delivery for a few items, but I don't use up beauty products at the expected rate, so I often either skip a shipment or move the date out and I have never had a problem in doing so. Maybe the problem is more prevalent with the limited auto-deliveries vs the open-ended ones.

Frequent Contributor

Like Icegoddess, I have not had trouble with Auto Delivery but it has been some time since I used it. Perhaps things have changed. Good luck getting what you need!

Honored Contributor

I have read if you cancel more than one shipment the whole plan gets cancelled. I do not know this to be a fact. I have a couple of auto deliveries and have not had a problem. I have not cancelled more than one shipment.
Valued Contributor

I have skipped a delivery and got the next one in line and i have changed my date out further if i did not want to miss out on a delivery..I only cancelled a few knowing i would never get it again.

Trusted Contributor

I've not had any problems. I've skipped, I've edited. Cancel means cancel, of course you can't go back, and they ask you if you're sure. Some ARE for only two or three shipments, that's the deal and they tell you, none of them go on forever. Nothing deceptive about it.
Honored Contributor

I have had many auto delivery plans and have changed the dates. In the last year, I think, the system limits how far you can push it out though. I don't know that I've canceled a shipment in the middle of the plan, but no issues with changing the date.
Honored Contributor

I have no experience with auto delivery because I've only just signed up for it (Isomers)but I do notice that QVC auto deliveries have limited life spans whereas the other two channels seem to run indefinitely
Honored Contributor

I've had no problems with any of my auto deliveries. I've skipped shipments, changed shipping dates, adjusted the shipping intervals, etc. I don't think the program is deceptive at all, it's up to the customer to read and know what they're getting into. The terms are always stated on the listings. Some are for a specified amount of shipments within a specified time period and others are recurring at certain intervals and are open ended. It's up to the customer to understand the difference between "skip" and "cancel". Granted, there are times when things happen that are beyond QVC's control and they have to cancel A/D plans, but I don't think it's all that often really. I think QVC is safe to assume a customer is no longer interested in receiving a particular product if they skip two shipments in a row. When someone signs up for an A/D plan, QVC has to make sure they order enough product to fulfill A/D orders before any single purchases. Making sure there's enough inventory isn't something that happens overnight, there has to be considered advance planning and ordering to get that product from the manufacturing facility to the warehouse shelf, and then multiply that by all the various A/D plans QVC offers. It costs QVC lots of money to just have product sitting in a warehouse somewhere if an A/D customer repeatedly skips shipments.

Esteemed Contributor

No problem with mine; one time I was unable to edit the fragrance selection online, but a call to CS took care of it. My latest shipment is coming at the new rrduced shipping rate and my particular package is $20 less than current market if I were to buy it "new". I've been in it almost two years.
Cogito ergo sum