Valued Contributor

Hi, has anyone heard of Young Living Essential Oils? I am curious to learn more, (or about any other brand you may use). Can you recommend any particular websites where I can learn more about essential oils in general used to enhance health and well being? Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Garden of Wisdom will give you a lot of info. on oils and they also sell them. I buy my oils from iherb.com now because Garden of Wisdom does not use a dropper. You can go to Barnes & Noble for books on oils or you can Google. However, I started many years ago by buying a book and learning a lot about different oils.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I was really into using EO when I worked and was really stressed, even took a course on how to use them effectively. I still use tea tree oil for skin eruptions and I love lavender oil for relaxation. EO's can be dangerous if not used properly, can cause burns and of course you might be allergic to some oils. There is plenty of info on line and as long as you buy the pure essential oil the product should be to your liking, I used Aura Cacia.

Trusted Contributor

I have heard of Young Living but never used them. I have a few doTerra essential oils because my niece sells them. I also have a few Swiss Just products that I bought from a friend. I like both companies.

Frequent Contributor

I used to buy a lot of my essential oils from New Directions Aromatics but kind of swapped over to Camden-Grey with some hefty price increases from NDA. I started a few years back buying a lot of books on the subject.

Frequent Contributor
On 3/1/2015 baker said:

I was really into using EO when I worked and was really stressed, even took a course on how to use them effectively. I still use tea tree oil for skin eruptions and I love lavender oil for relaxation. EO's can be dangerous if not used properly, can cause burns and of course you might be allergic to some oils. There is plenty of info on line and as long as you buy the pure essential oil the product should be to your liking, I used Aura Cacia.

I wouldn't agree with the assessment that they are so dangerous. Essential oils are concentrated, powerful and worthy of respect, yes. Very few are categorized as dangerous, though, and with so many others to choose from it is very easy to completely avoid those that should only be used by professionals. Chances are we are on the same page on their use, I would bet.

Valued Contributor

Thank you all, for the info and company names! I have a bit more to go on and will do further research! Can anyone mention any favorite oils, and what benefit you receive from using them? Thanks!

Frequent Contributor

Oh, twist my arm to make me talk about essential oils!

Baker mentioned lavender and tea tree, must haves. I also love the woods scents; pine, cedar, juniper, spruce. Eucalyptus is wonderful for cold prevention. The citrus scents are uplifting, but have short shelve lives so must be used in a timely manner and many are photosensitive if used topically.

Search around, it is an enjoyable adventure. There are many wonderful oils to discover and enjoy. They can be expensive too, but when used by the drop in baths, lotions or vaporizing they do last a long time.

Valued Contributor

This Facebook group has a lot of good info on essential oils:

Real Essential Oil Education Group

Valued Contributor

More excellent info...thanks so much! Looking forward to learning more!