Honored Contributor

tired of bare minerals - anyone have a recommendation?

Like many of you, I've been using bare mineral loose powder for years. Frankly as I age I believe it's drying out my skin. Moreover, I am tired of it flitting everywhere in my bathroom - it has a nasty bothersome medium beige glow. My husband has commented about it too - "honey, what is this stuff all over everything in here" so he asks.

My stash is down to (I believe) one more container of it. I'm really needing to change to something but I've no idea what. I won't give up my IT ByeBye concealer but I need something - a color, to wear over it as I do w/BE now.

I'd also like to try something from a local store too. I don't mind a pressed powder, wore this type for years in fact but I'm now wondering about what's out there nowadays. I have 62 yr old skin, no T zone, not oily but a tad dry. Any suggestions? What do you like to use? I only make up when I go out even if it's just for groceries. I do multi-task when I go out so I do dress up and look nice.

Who likes what in makeup lines? Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

Valued Contributor

Re: tired of bare minerals - anyone have a recommendation?

I still love Bareminerals! I have tried other make ups since I started using it and I keep coming back to BM. You could wipe up the bathroom counters. lol I get the best coverage and it looks natural on my 60 years old skin. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Trusted Contributor

Pink, I'm just your age. If you like mineral makeup I can recommend Everyday Minerals (dot com company). I didn't care for Bare Minerals but do really like the EM and I've been using their makeup for years. A really good thing is that you can get generous free samples of foundation (just pay for shipping) that also include some blush samples to try first to see if you like it. They have formulas for oily (matte) and dry (jojoba). It is much more reasonably priced than BM.

Valued Contributor

Laura Geller Balance-n-brighten, nice & easy to apply.

You may also want to consider a BB cream as well, Lumene or Pond's have nice ones (I also have used Maybelline and it does the job as well).

Trusted Contributor

On 3/1/2015 Cookie06 said:

I still love Bareminerals! I have tried other make ups since I started using it and I keep coming back to BM. You could wipe up the bathroom counters. lol I get the best coverage and it looks natural on my 60 years old skin. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Same here. I try different foundations for awhile and always go back to B.M.

Super Contributor

I am a be user, have been for years...I am in my mid 50s and have been getting really dry skin this winter. I sill love my minerals, but need more hydration (I am enjoying the serum and new rescue formulas). I recently tried a Chanel product that I ADORE...Vitalumier Aqua in the compact (cream) formula. You apply it with a foundation brush and the coverage is build able. It keeps my skin hydrated throughout the day.

Regular Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

I still love BM too! I use the Matt finish though(oily skin) and top it off with tinted miner veil. I don't care if it's 100degrees.100% humidity, it does move. Get compliments all the time.
Honored Contributor

I dont like LG Balance and Brighten, looks like mud on me. Very blotchy too.

Regular Contributor

On 3/1/2015 Tweena63 said:

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

I still love BM too! I use the Matt finish though(oily skin) and top it off with tinted miner veil. I don't care if it's 100degrees.100% humidity, it does move. Get compliments all the time.
Sorry last sentence meant "it does NOT move.
Respected Contributor

For the last 2 years I have been an IT gal, after BE failed my aging skin after 25+ years. IT has been a good fit although I thought the last kit offered was a fail! I also use PUR minerals s a backup. Neither are messy and are not as aging for my skin! Good luck.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield