Valued Contributor

Elysee? Any Users? What Do U Think?

Just watched her this morning and find her info on ingredients very interesting. Would like to hear from anyone who actually USES these products (not just people's opinions of the ingredients as listed). Her before and afters are lit very differently so I don't think they give an accurate picture of actual skin changes. TIA

Valued Contributor

Re: Elysee? Any Users? What Do U Think?

Also not interested in discussion of whether or not she has had plastic surgery! Really want to hear about the actual product results. TIA again

Esteemed Contributor

I tried a few things a long time ago. Nothing to write home to mother about.

From the few minutes today I caught what she was saying, I don't agree with some of her skincare philosophy/chemistry things. I don't believe skin care is purely solved with topical solutions anyway.

I just caught a little of what she was saying about AHAs. I can say this - for about the last 7 years I've been using low percentage AHAs, my skin has not thinned in any way. But of course I know that AHAs may not be an answer for everyone. But they've been perfect for my skin at my age. How can she possible say with a straight face that she was the first company to use them?!

Respected Contributor

She has excellent ingredients and formulations, but I haven't used her products for some time now - don't get HSN - out of sight out of mind I guess! Sorry I can't be of more help. Think I will take a look at them myself at HSN website.

She has owned this company since 1972, bought it from another woman who had started it in 1923 and it came to the states in 1940 I believe. It's quite an interesting history, you can read about it on their website. Linda Marshall wanted to keep the quality and integrity of the ahead of it's time products and so bought the company. I was shocked to find out it is in the state I live in, WI, and have always wanted to go visit sometime!

Frequent Contributor

l tried Elysee and they have some very nice products. My problem was I got overwhelmed by using too many of them at the same time. Are they miracles? No, but they did keep my skin looking good and I'm 60 so I don't expect to look like 20. When people are surprises at my age that's always a good sign. I did buy the transition kit and will try again. Hope this helps.
Frequent Contributor

As for the before and afters HSN does that with all beauty brands. It's always noticeable that the afters are done with some special lighting.
Super Contributor

I too am a long term user of Elysee, have had a brief and expensive fliratation with Isomers and now have shoe box of little brown bottles. I am back with elysee, I had a great routine and now I am going to add the transition set. At 65, what do I expect, I know Iknow. It is dangerous to watch dimitri and Manuela. not going to anymore!

The grandmas and great grandmas did not exfoliate with the exception of a washcloth. I think it was about 30 yrs ago or so when exfoliating came into vogue. Linda is not alone in warning against over exfoliation. think of the grandmas with the beautiful complexions in their 80s. 90s. I cannot exfoliate, and might have done some damage with all the scrubs and harsh toners. don't do any of that now. I do think that the sonic type brushes are a mistake ( also Manuela said this on a show, about over exfoliating and I believe she said ripping off a layer of skin, she was very against it.)

anyway, Elysee does keep my skin nice and I have to stop chasing promises.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the replies! I bought a kit some time back and liked the eye cream but the serums really didn't seem to have any more of an effect than any of the other serums I use. But I do like learning about the new ingredients. she was the first person I recall mentioning telomeres and sirtuins and now SkINN and ISOMERS both use those terms.

Honored Contributor

Her cornerstone products are the FOY blue serum and the orange Pycnogenol serum, been around forever. They both seem a little dated to me now, and did not do anything special when I used them years ago.

Respected Contributor

I bought a Youthspan kit last year.... serum, face cream & eye cream. I wish I had sent it back. No harm, but nothing exciting. I do much better with Isomers. That said, we're all different, and I'm sure some people would prefer Elysee to Isomers.

Shelbelle, I don't care if something is dated if it works! LOL