Super Contributor

What Facial Cleanser Do You Use For What type of Skin?

Would love to hear from anyone!

Honored Contributor

Re: What Facial Cleanser Do You Use For What type of Skin?

Oil cleansing- sensitive

Honored Contributor

In the AM, I've been using Serious Skin Care C-Clean, but I'm thinking about ordering the Isomers Cleanser with Tea Tree.

In the PM, I've been using Dr. Young's Camellia Deep Cleansing Oil for over a year. I have tried Josie Maran's cleansing oil and Bare Minerals cleansing oil. If for some reason I couldn't get Dr. Young's anymore, I would consider one of them.

I'm in my late 50's. My skin was always either oily or combo, but when I started using Dr. Young's cleansing oil, it was a game changer for me and my natural oil production stabilized so now I have normal skin.

Honored Contributor

I use Neutrogena's Pore Refining facial cleanser. It never dries my skin and get my skin really clean.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

Epicuren Herbal Cleanser or Epicuren Cream Cleanser. I have very sensitive combination skin. I use the herbal cleanser when my skin is oilier and the cream cleanser when my skin is drier.

Respected Contributor

I have oily skin with eczema. I'm currently using Cerave Foaming Cleaner and Olay Reginerist Micro-Exfoliating wipes. I love the wipes. I've just ordered Skin Food's Black Sugar Cleaning Oil. I also ordered their Peach Sake pore serum, toner, and moisturizer. I'm prepping for the summer oil slick. It may be in the lower 40s during the day today, but come Monday it is to be upper 70s. Soon March will bring summer our way, then we will be into the 90s/100s. These products of Skin Food are to help control oil production and clear pores.

I meant to add that I use the wipes in the morning for a quick cleanse and use the Cerave in the shower at night. I want to try the oil cleansing method and see if it works. I've already tried Shea Terra Organics Rosemary/Argan cleansing oil but that irritated my eczema even though rosemary is supposed to be calming.

Honored Contributor

On 2/28/2015 tigriss said:

I have oily skin with eczema. I'm currently using Cerave Foaming Cleaner and Olay Reginerist Micro-Exfoliating wipes. I love the wipes. I've just ordered Skin Food's Black Sugar Cleaning Oil. I also ordered their Peach Sake pore serum, toner, and moisturizer. I'm prepping for the summer oil slick. It may be in the lower 40s during the day today, but come Monday it is to be upper 70s. Soon March will bring summer our way, then we will be into the 90s/100s. These products of Skin Food are to help control oil production and clear pores.

Just wondering, since you're using Skin Food, have you ever tried their Black Pomegranate Volumizing Serum?

Trusted Contributor

On 2/28/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

In the AM, I've been using Serious Skin Care C-Clean, but I'm thinking about ordering the Isomers Cleanser with Tea Tree.

In the PM, I've been using Dr. Young's Camellia Deep Cleansing Oil for over a year. I have tried Josie Maran's cleansing oil and Bare Minerals cleansing oil. If for some reason I couldn't get Dr. Young's anymore, I would consider one of them.

I'm in my late 50's. My skin was always either oily or combo, but when I started using Dr. Young's cleansing oil, it was a game changer for me and my natural oil production stabilized so now I have normal skin.

JLF- go read the latest reviews on the Isomer's Exfoliating cleanser...the price was tempting to me and with tea tree I thought hmmm like D's AM cleanser...it seems they changed the formula at Isomer's with LOTS of complaints of larger,sharper exfoliating beads( one person said it was like rubbing broken glass on her face! OUCH!) Think I am sticking with D's AM/PM cleansers

Respected Contributor

On 2/28/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 2/28/2015 tigriss said:

Just wondering, since you're using Skin Food, have you ever tried their Black Pomegranate Volumizing Serum?

Not yet. This is my first venture into Skin food lines. The reviews are quite good, but much of it is coming from Korea even though I found the best prices through Amazon.

Contributor

Ponds cleanser and makeup remover, works great