Honored Contributor

60's Ladies ~~~~~ Please Join Us For March!

photo AE2B8460-9768-4C40-B7D3-1A9C88149C02_zpsupjvy4aj.jpg
~H~
Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies ~~~~~ Please Join Us For March!

this was just too cute! (And I think some of us would love an answer!(:

~H~
Respected Contributor

yea! tomorrow is March. there's a lot to celebrate. it's my birthday month, and soon spring will be here. the daffodils will be blooming soon and it's time to start planning my next little garden projects.

thank you for starting the March thread, Helen. Happy March.

photo 32dbcf77-372f-4b1b-be0b-008e26cb2f39.jpg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

I am so glad you remembered it was March 1 tomorrow as I almost forgot about it. Rent is due. Yes, in a few more weeks spring will be here. I look forward to the flower trees blooming and the daffodils & tulips popping up.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

GOOD EVENING! I'm glad a few found the new thread. I had to ask DH if this was the last day of the month; so, I almost forgot!

my sister and I had such a nice visit. DH and DS had gone by train to a hockey game a couple hours away, so we were by ourselves all day and into the evening. We stayed up and watched Titanic, which I had taped. My husband came home around 1AM, we visited for a while before going to bed. It was a long day. My sister is so funny. I have a real nice guest room she usually stays in with her own bathroom. She wanted to sleep on our sofa where our new electric fireplace is. The sofa makes into a bed, but still. I don't think as comfy as being upstairs in her own room. We put the fireplace on for her; she was happy!

FANCY, I'm so happy to hear you're feeling so good; like an 18 yr. old? Can't get much better than that! Made for a fun night out with your bf, I'm sure...thank you so much for your kind words....

H2be, what a nice surprise to see a post from you! I know how busy you are. Between helping your DH where needed and time with your Grands, it doesn't leave much time for much else. Yes, I'm still loving "My Pillows!" I have two. I'd like to say they've solved my sleeping issues. They help, but I think I'm destined to trouble sleeping. Melatonin didn't work for me either. My DH is still working too. I think it's keeping him healthy and "young"; I can't imagine him home full time! Please come back whenever you have a minute; if only to say "Hi!". so glad your DGD is happy, healthy and doing so well!

KAT, so glad you were feeling well enough to get out for some fun with your friend. I think it sounds like a good idea to try bowling on your own before you commit to joining a league. We've bowled a few times.; it can be a little strenuous. Hopefully, you won't have any issues....

HAYFIELD, I hope you're feeling better. Whenever I get a sore throat, I know something's up. Maybe just staying in and getting rest will help. Good luck replacing your dishwasher too....if it's not one thing it's another, right? Please take good care....

LOVES, great photos your friend took. Wish I could do that. I usually leave off someone's head or its all blurry Lol! I also don't get Twitter. My kids laugh... They've explained hashtags a million times, they finally gave up! I do the best I can here and FB every one in a while

MOCHA, thanks for the recommendation for the SKINN products. I'm always looking for anything to help my feet. My DS's birthday is March 4th....it will be a great month! I'm looking forward to starting my vegetable gardening again too; especially tomatoes!

I better go... I didn't save any of this and I got "wordy" again. I pray I don't lose it. Good night to everyone.....keep safe and warm!

~H~
Honored Contributor

MARTIE, below zero, yikes! Well, at least you were able to get out for a bit with your friend. Nothing better to lift your spirits than getting your hair done too. Probably best to stay indoors with it being so cold...I'm really hoping you get some relief from these freezing temps soon! Stay safe and warm.....
~H~
Respected Contributor

good morning and HAPPY MARCH, my friends !!!

loving those pictures that you have started us out with, helen ... and thanks again for starting us up for march! nice to hear that you have had such a good visit with your sister. my own sister lives in arizona, and so i don't get to see her often and i do miss our together time.

kat, i wanted to mention that i am sorry you are having such challenging breathing issues. i do hope that things will improve for you. as far as the bowling, i am in agreement that you might want to try it alone once or twice to see how it goes. that group that i joined (when i met bf) had bowling as one of its activities. i went one week(this was 4 yrs ago) and tried it, not having bowled in 20 or 25 years. kat, i could not WALK for a week after. my leg muscles KILLED. omg. i am so out of shape. anyway, maybe your leg muscles are in better shape than mine were ... and i do hope that the breathing issues do not get in the way.

our night out on friday was a huge success. once again, the hall was filled with 400 people 60+ yrs old. the band was an 8 piece group who played song after song, non stop (except for one 15 minute break). most of what they played was motown and hits of the 50's and 60's, although they had a very strong horn section and played some benny goodman as well! my, oh, my ... how i wish i REALLY could do some swing dancing!

yesterday and today consist of errands and chores. we are going to give my car the first check up at the dealer this morning, followed by a light lunch, and then nothing else except for R & R for today.

wishing you all a beautiful today, and PRAYING that now that we have march upon us, that this silly winter thing will exit stage left and let spring have a chance!

hi to mocha, retrn,loves, hadaki, spammom and shorelady, h2be and martie, ... corismom and hayfield and our dear friend cindy. special hellos to anyone who i have left off.

have a beautiful sunday

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor

Good Morning! It's March! I hope this means that Spring is just around the corner! It's snowing a little bit out there as I type!

Mochahoney--March is a big birthday month in our family, DH's is March 26 and DS's is March 28. DS's due date was March 19 and I told DH that if came on March 17 I was going to name him Patrick, he didn't arrive on March 17, so we didn't name him Patrick. Patrick is one of my favorite names but for some reason DH didn't want to name him Patrick, so when he was born on March 28 we came up with a name we both liked. What day is your birthday?

Respected Contributor

Helen47--We did manage to get out yesterday to buy a dishwasher, it's being delivered on Wednesday, I'm going to home to have the headboard delivered for our bed, so at least I can get two deliveries done in one day. I couldn't believe how cheaply made the new dishwashers are. Mine is 13 years old and the new ones aren't made as nice. We looked from the low end price to the high end price and they all seemed cheap to me, so we got a medium priced one on sale. I did want one with the stainless steel tub on the inside as the consumer reports said they were quieter. A friend told me that you can expect to only get 7 years out of a dishwasher today. If this one doesn't last at least 10 years, the next one is going to be the cheapest one they make. I'm still not feeling that great and I probably won't go in tomorrow. My main job is talking to people and I can barely talk above a whisper. I'm glad you had a nice time with your sister. I guess you're going to have to install an electric fireplace in our guest bedroom for her!

Respected Contributor

fancy pantsy--Your night out dancing sounded like so much fun! I love to dance and when I was younger I really could go all night. Not anymore, I can still dance but my body will really hurt the next day. It's amazing what I can't do anymore. I try so hard to be active and work out, the mind is willing but the body is weak! DH just left for the gym and I really don't think I want to spread my germs around. I'm going to try to do some things here at home. When I move more, I do feel better.