Contributor
Doesn't anyone make a brown mascara anymore? Why would they assume that black is the moc? I'm a blond, fair, hazel-eyed, older woman and black looks hideous on me...always has. I've been using a really nice shade of brown from Aveda, but would like to see something other than black on the Q.
Respected Contributor

Clinque, makes brown. Saw it a couple of weeks ago in Ulta getting a new one. Last time I looked, Maybelline has a brown or brown/black. I think Cover Girl may as well. Hope that helps

Trusted Contributor

I've seen brown/black in several lines, but I seldom see brown.

Honored Contributor

I like brown mascara too and NOT black/brown. I want brown. I like a softer look as I am in my mid 60's and during the day I like to keep it natural looking. I use Aveda, Origins and almay. So glad Brandiwine mentioned Clinique because I forgot about them. I do not believe any cosmetic co. on the Q has brown. I don't understand why. They all try to sell that black mascara is for everyone. I don't think so.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor
I use a brown Manga by Loreal. I bought it on Amazon for $4-5. Its fantastic.
Contributor
Thanks for reminding me about Clinique. Used to use everything by them. Remember Aromatics Elixer? That was my fragrance back in the day
Honored Contributor

Loreal Voluminous used to make brown. These days I see only brown/black. I like brown/black myself because of my coloring.

Honored Contributor

I have bought brown mascara from ""Blinc"" but I like the black better even though I'm very fair.

Esteemed Contributor

Maybelline.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

Oddly enough, it seems that more drugstore brands offer brown mascara than the high end brands. I agree that black mascara is not for everyone. I am blonde with fair skin and lighter eyelashes and eyebrows. Black mascara looks too harsh on me and a I find it actually makes my eyes look smaller. Brown mascara looks much better on me. Luckily, I do well with Almay and Maybelline mascaras.