Occasional Contributor

IT foundation formulas...which to choose?

Totally sold on IT products - use several daily. BUT - more and more confused by all these different foundation formulas. Celebration - Celebration Illumination - CC in the tube - CC in the sponge compact - Oxygen - Serum - new CC + color in compact in latest TSV. Would love some guidance and opinions!
Trusted Contributor

Re: IT foundation formulas...which to choose?

Start with this - powder or liquid? And do you like full coverage? I think that other than the powder (Celebrations) all It foundations are very full coverage. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't actually used many of the liquids.
Valued Contributor

I usually use liquid or cream foundations but I do like the Celebration illumination powder foundation. It is actually kind of creamy and gives good coverage plus brightens my skin with a soft glow. Sometimes I wear it alone for a quick daytime look or other times I wear it as a finishing powder over my liquid foundation. I like it, it came with a great brush!

Trusted Contributor

I've wanted to buy almost everything featured today! But when I look at the reviews there are SO many negative reviews on IT Cosmetics! I love QVC's prices but I think I'll have to wait until I can get to Ulta and try some of these things out first-hand - I hate paying for return shipping.

Regular Contributor

Yes, I can't figure out why she has so many....but I do use the cc cream in the tube and love it. You need very little and it goes a long way and has great coverage and looks natural...
Super Contributor

I'm ordering the CC foundation Veil with 50 SPF , in the sponge compact with brush . The reviews say it's similar to BE regarding it's lightweight , " no makeup " feeling , and that's what sold me . I am concerned tho , about the many reviews who complained there isn't much product in the compact . Many buyers complained they ran out after 2 weeks of use ! I heard Jamie state in today's presentation , that an entire bottle of foundation was poured into the sponge/compact . Did she mean that literally or figuratively , don't know . Hope she will explain in future . I'll try using a light application when I receive it , and hope it lasts at least a month or more . Will be writing a product review like always , on all products I buy .
Super Contributor

I think CAshopper2011 was on the right track. First: powder or liquid. If powder, you only have 2 choices: Celebration Foundation and Celebration Foundation Illumination (same as original but with luminizer built in). As for liquids, the CC cream in the tube is the came as the CC cream in the compact that was part of this last TSV. It was only a new delivery system. The CC Veil in the cushion compact is very lightweight and sheer coverage. The O2 serum foundation is medium coverage (buildable, though), and in my experience, very hydrating (as is the CC Veil).

After type of foundation, next to tackle is coverage. I've found all IT foundations (powders included) to be full coverage, or solid medium to full, except the CC Veil; it's sheer coverage at best. I use the CC cream daily; it's my favorite foundation. It has the best coverage of all the liquids and is thicker than the rest (not in a negative way--it still feels lightweight on the skin). In the end, it all depends on what you want from your foundation. Hope that helps! Smiley Happy