Honored Contributor

Am I the only one who is completely turned off by her bizarre shriek-y persona and selling style? Eww. I am not a believer in miracle creams to start with, and most of her products are new every visit, like they just make up new names & put in a "new ingredient" and voila, the newest, bestest miracle cream FROM THE EAST, woo-woo! Her whole line strikes me as just hype, and her odd presentation completely turns me off.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Her ingredient decks are from from impressive, extensive use of petrolatum, and DMDM Hydantoin as a preservative, very poor quality, you can do better in the drugstore.

Respected Contributor

A friend and I have a long - standing joke about how she 'screams'! Adrienne too!

Respected Contributor

Yep, not a fan. Sorry. Some of the hosts, and some of the vendors have voices I can't listen to, she's not the only one, but she IS one of them.

Esteemed Contributor

wow....she is awful....I turned HSN on and there she was...I had never seen her....she is screaming and I thought who is that....I had to change the channel....

Honored Contributor
I have never been impressed with her or the products, and never particularly enjoyed listening to her, but it seems like the shrieking/screaming is relatively recent, at least to me. I've only noticed it since Nov/Dec presentations. But today she's really kicked it up a couple of notches to the point where I'm thinking WT .. ? Did someone advise her it was good to do that? I can't think it comes all that naturally to her, but who knows.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor
On 2/28/2015 moonchilde said: I have never been impressed with her or the products, and never particularly enjoyed listening to her, but it seems like the shrieking/screaming is relatively recent, at least to me. I've only noticed it since Nov/Dec presentations. But today she's really kicked it up a couple of notches to the point where I'm thinking WT .. ? Did someone advise her it was good to do that? I can't think it comes all that naturally to her, but who knows.

When Wei first came to HSN her on air style leaned more towards being cutesy. It may have been a little silly at times, but was not offensive if she was paired with a good host. HSN wouldn't care because if she wasn't selling enough to meet their minimum standards she would be gone completely. However, perhaps because Wei is not on as regularly as in the past (when her visits were monthly), her marketing people may feel there's a need for a harder sales tactic. Usually that means amp up the claims the HSN legal team will allow, and to speak louder and faster.

I used to like some of her China Herbal products, but honestly it's been a long time since I bought anything. My last purchase was a hand cream set and that was about three years ago. Wei line sold elsewhere called Wei Beauty is a collection of different lines than the Wei East lines she sells on HSN. Wei East seems to be diluted versions of Wei Beauty. The Wei Beauty lines have better ingredient decks, but the products are considerably more expensive than Wei East.

Frequent Contributor

I have to say that I have been watching more and more HSN - some of it really entertains me. I like Skip and Amanda for Perlier and I like their products.

OMG - I'm surprised that Asian people don't complain about her Wei. She's like a caricature of an Asian woman. Very insulting n my opnion. I have never been able to watch her for more that 1 minute.

Adrienne - although annoying too has a few nice products. I like her five essential cream and the serum that goes with it. It also amuses me how she slaps the make up on lol

Wei East - no thanks

Respected Contributor

Used to use her stuff ages ago. That was before I was knowledgeable about skincare. Her voice drives me nuts.

Super Contributor

I bought one of her kits years ago (white lotus) and I did not like it. I agree, her screaming and shrieking turns me and my TV off.