Super Contributor

alternative serums for facemaster?

I thought I had read some posts where people mentioned using other serums with the Facemaster, but a search did not turn up anything. Does anyone use something else besides her pricey serums?

Respected Contributor

Re: alternative serums for facemaster?

I have always just used water, and that works fine for me.
Valued Contributor

I second that, I have very sensitive skin and break out easily, I have a facemaster and I tried it all, aloe vera gel, this and that, and it all broke me out. Then I saw someone on line to try plain water and it DOES WORK. I also use water. You still feel the pulse.

I recently purchased the serious skincare egg machine (similar micro current) but you can do both sides of the face at the same time, that conductor fluid for that BROKE ME OUT SOMETHING TERRIBLE, BIG HARD BUMPS. SO I did not use water for that but I put my facial cream on and while my face was "moist" I used the machine.

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder what's in the SS conductive gel?

I know what's in Manuela's, which, among others, is the electrolytes, which is the better conductor and activates the skin's tissue.

Isomers ingredients: Water, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium PCA, Magnesium PCA, Zinc PCA, Manganese PCA, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethenol, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA.

If you are just using water....

Here's an interesting consideration:

"A home-made electrolyte drink can be made by using water, sugar and salt in precise proportions."

And FYI, my science-geek DH says distilled water does not conduct at all.

Esteemed Contributor

Ordered the Iosmers 16 ounce Moisture Mask to use with my SS facemaster.

Trusted Contributor

What about aloe vera gel? I think Sally Beauty carries it. I was planning on buying some when my conductor gel runs out.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Honored Contributor

I have used many things including aloe vera. Any serum works as well as creams and hair conditioners with a little water added. Plain water doesn't work for me as it it seems to produce an uncomfortable stinging.

Valued Contributor

Since I have used water, the posts above make me question is the water working, I will venture to the creams,lotions etc.

Honored Contributor

I've added argan, maracuja and avocado oil to a speck of water. At first it doesn't seem like it's working properly (the zapping), but it takes off after a few seconds.

Her conductive serums is full of junk. What was she thinking!