Super Contributor

On my way back from dinner tonight I stopped in at a boutique chemist thinking I might purchase some marula oil as so many (especially KatCat) have raved about it. Well, she (the chemist) was out of it but sang the praises of tamanu oil. She says it has great healing properties as well as being great for the skin in general. Has anyone tried this oil?

Honored Contributor

Eeek yes. I can usually tolerate any scent but I could not deal with tamanu oil. I tried but ended up throwing it out. I normally do not do that but it just was just too much. It is suppose to be really good for the skin. It is strong like tea tree but more nutty/earthy and less minty/menthol-y than tea tree. Did you sniff it when you were there?

Super Contributor
On 2/27/2015 HappyDaze said:

Eeek yes. I can usually tolerate any scent but I could not deal with tamanu oil. I tried but ended up throwing it out. I normally do not do that but it just was just too much. It is suppose to be really good for the skin. It is strong like tea tree but more nutty/earthy and less minty/menthol-y than tea tree. Did you sniff it when you were there?

Ha ha ha ha. I did indeed smell it and commented on the very very nutty smell. She said it would dissipate... Mind you, it smelled to me a great deal like the Ojon mask, and I tolerated that - for the effects. I can get a sample size from this chemist, so I may try it for a couple of days.

Esteemed Contributor

I've tried tamanu oil. It does have a strong scent, but nothing I found offensive. The one I tried was from Lauren Hutton's cosmetic line when she presented her brand on HSN. It was ok.

I'm no scientist, but since the benefits from the different oils can vary, I think many of us probably need a combination for best results. I've heard Dimitri James talking about this, but I don't know how in depth he goes with the subject during his Skinn shows. I love argan oil, but my results go from good to exceptional when I combine with olive and rosehips oils.

Super Contributor
On 2/27/2015 Trix said:

I've tried tamanu oil. It does have a strong scent, but nothing I found offensive. The one I tried was from Lauren Hutton's cosmetic line when she presented her brand on HSN. It was ok.

I'm no scientist, but since the benefits from the different oils can vary, I think many of us probably need a combination for best results. I've heard Dimitri James talking about this, but I don't know how in depth he goes with the subject during his Skinn shows. I love argan oil, but my results go from good to exceptional when I combine with olive and rosehips oils.

Thanks Trix. I was wondering about combining oils. I may also try Paula's Choice Booster oil, but it is a little more than I wanted to spend right now.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi CrissoSmile I haven't tried it yet, but I did notice while I was shopping yesterday on drugstore.com that they have it ( and several other organic oils ) 20% off right now

http://www.drugstore.com/search/search_results.asp?N=0&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ntk=All&srchtree=1...

I was interested in that Matrix Hair Treatment you will see if you look at the link. After tomorrow, I will have drugstore.com rebate dollars to spend. Maybe I will try it.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor
On 2/27/2015 Crisso said:

Ha ha ha ha. I did indeed smell it and commented on the very very nutty smell. She said it would dissipate... Mind you, it smelled to me a great deal like the Ojon mask, and I tolerated that - for the effects. I can get a sample size from this chemist, so I may try it for a couple of days.

on me it never dissipated and that is why I had to stop using it. I can tolerate scent if it goes away after a little bit. This did not. I used Shea terra organics (2o for $18.99 on amazon and free ship)

Super Contributor
On 2/27/2015 betteb said:

Hi CrissoSmile I haven't tried it yet, but I did notice while I was shopping yesterday on drugstore.com that they have it ( and several other organic oils ) 20% off right now

http://www.drugstore.com/search/search_results.asp?N=0&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ntk=All&srchtree=1...

I was interested in that Matrix Hair Treatment you will see if you look at the link. After tomorrow, I will have drugstore.com rebate dollars to spend. Maybe I will try it.

Hey there betteb! Smile Where do you come up with these great links?!!

Super Contributor

on me it never dissipated and that is why I had to stop using it. I can tolerate scent if it goes away after a little bit. This did not. I used Shea terra organics (2o for $18.99 on amazon and free ship)

Thanks, HD!

Honored Contributor
On 2/27/2015 Trix said:

Thanks Trix. I was wondering about combining oils. I may also try Paula's Choice Booster oil, but it is a little more than I wanted to spend right now.

I would highly recommend this oil. I have used 2-3 drops every day and I bought it at the beginning of December and still have alot left so it lasts a long time. Very worth, as I have not once had dry skin this winter- a first for me!