Respected Contributor

Skinn hand cream.....water resistant?

Is Skinn hand cream really water resistant? I have had horribly dry and flaky hands all winter. I have been using Josie Maran's Whipped Argan Oil Hand Cream which I like because it absorbs quickly, but as soon as I wash my hands, it's gone and there's no lasting benefit or improvement. It only seems to moisturize while I have it on. I thought it would keep my hands moisturized a bit more over time, but no. I have to reapply after every wash. So I'm thinking about trying Skinn's hand cream. Will it leave my hands moisturized through a wash, or will it just be washed away? And does it feel gunky or greasy? Worth a try?

Super Contributor

Re: Skinn hand cream.....water resistant?

I have several tubes from previous TTV and used it the first time a few days ago. The other night I used before bed and they felt great, nice and smooth. I've used it today and my hands are just as dry as they were before starting to use it. It's pretty expensive to have to reapply all day long. I guess you could always try it and return if it doesn't work for you. There's another thread "Borghese and Perlier" in which several women say that the hand cream from Borghese is the best(on evine.com). Theres a duo for about $40.00. HTH
Honored Contributor

Rach-I love the Skinn Hand Restore esp during winter. It is not greasy, but very emollient. Don't need to use alot & is also great for cuticles. I do think it is water resistent & leaves my hands felling very soft. The only thing that I don't like is the fragrance-has a medicinal scent, not sure what is the predominant source, but it's not a deal breaker. Will def reorder it--an excellent hand treatment.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

Hi ladies. I also love the Skinn Hand Restore. I have heard Dimitri say on several occasions that the cream is resistant up to 2 "hand rinsings", not a thorough soap and water hand washing.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/27/2015 Issy379 said:

Hi ladies. I also love the Skinn Hand Restore. I have heard Dimitri say on several occasions that the cream is resistant up to 2 "hand rinsings", not a thorough soap and water hand washing.

Yes, thank you.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} I was about to write the same thing! He always says it will not last past a hand washing.