Regular Contributor

There was a thread started last month regarding this program. I tried to post a comment but the commenting period has been closed. I am on my third day of this program and I love it. It is hard for me I must admit. Although I am a walker my body is not nearly as limber as it use to be! Blackatz mentioned she was starting the program and I am hoping as sees this so she can share her thoughts.

For those not familiar with DDP Yoga it was created by an ex wrestler named Diamond Dallas Page. It is not the usual/meditative type of yoga, but rather a type of yoga to increase flexibility while creating dynamic resistance in your body resulting in a cardio workout that burns calories.

So far so good!!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

I just saw an infomercial for this a couple of days ago and was impressed. Glad to hear you're liking it. I'm thinking about it.

Respected Contributor

I have been thinking about DDP ever since I saw a video several months ago about a guy who could barely walk with crutches and totally rehabilitated himself with DDP. I have over 100 lbs to lose and I took some private yoga lessons and loved them. My flexibility increased quite a bit after 2 months. Sadly, I had to stop the private lessons because it was too costly. I attended a yoga class and I was just too self conscious to do it with all those people around.

Respected Contributor

Where did you get your workout from?

Regular Contributor
On 2/27/2015 RachB said:

I have been thinking about DDP ever since I saw a video several months ago about a guy who could barely walk with crutches and totally rehabilitated himself with DDP. I have over 100 lbs to lose and I took some private yoga lessons and loved them. My flexibility increased quite a bit after 2 months. Sadly, I had to stop the private lessons because it was too costly. I attended a yoga class and I was just too self conscious to do it with all those people around.

That man's name is Arthur. He is actually in some of the DVDs doing the advanced workouts! His story is unbelievable. Half of the reason I decide to purchase this program is because I would like to start taking classes at a facility, but don't have the courage yet to do it with a crowd. I will fall and wobble and lean on the arm of the couch in my own living room until I feel comfortable doing moves in a room full of people. I can rewind when I need to learn a move again, work at my own pace, and stop for a breather when I need to and not miss anything. My only complaint (and this may be because it is still so new to me) is that he is constantly explaining the moves and the benefits and I don't always understand where my breathing (inhaling and exhaling) fits in. Once the moves become natural I am hoping I can understand it better. I wear a heart rate monitor as he suggests. Standing in the middle of my living room while doing these techniques my heart rate was around 108. It is perfect if you do not want the impact that most cardio brings. Good luck if you try it!

Regular Contributor
On 2/27/2015 tigriss said:

DDP Yoga has its own website. I purchased it from them.

Respected Contributor
On 2/27/2015 tiamaria said:
On 2/27/2015 tigriss said:

DDP Yoga has its own website. I purchased it from them.

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa! I just watched the video. WOW! I might have to get this. I've been thinking of removing the bed from a spare bedroom and making it a "yoga" room. After watching that video, I might do it. Maybe I won't have to get a tummy tuck afterall! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Well, I just went on YT, unfortunately, he doesn't really have a lot of yoga demos.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

I just posted a DDPY inquiry on the Health & Fitness thread. Hopefully someone is doing the program. I'd love to hear about what it's done for them.

Honored Contributor

tiamaria: I saw the infomercial a while back...plus when he was on Shark Tank, as well. Your post popped up & after researching it, I ordered the set...should be here by next weekend!

I like the way he focused on heart rate...that's important. Also, like one viewer mentioned...I tried to find a negative review...YouTube, blogs, Amazon....hard to find. Everyone likes it.

This will be different, exercising @ home...haven't done that in a very long while...but I like the MP3 I could download to take to the gym w/ me.

I want to be more flexible, so let's give it a month...see what happens!!