Respected Contributor
I just received it and it says you can use it onramp or dry hair. Tomorrow I want to use hot rollers: do I apply this before or after styling? This may sound like a silly question, but awhile ago, I bought a Chi Silk foam that was magnificent on freshly styled hair. Poodlepet2
Respected Contributor

Re: Hair Hero styling question

Ok: I experimented this morning and I LOVE IT!!!! I have shoulder length long layered hair. Prior to styling, I used two pumps. The amount you get from one pump is small, but for some, that may be all you need. I combed it through and let it dry prior to using hot rollers. If you have short hair and want a spikey or piecy look, you will love it. On my dry hair, it smoothed morning fizzles and gave me shine. I set my hair on hot rollers, and when I enrolled it, I was in love! My hair had volume and shine. I gave it a light spray of Nick Chavez. Two hours later in the high humidity of Florida (it's a cool damp day:I'm not battling heat), my hair still looks great. I normally don't blow dry my hair, but I think I will test that out next....I am very happy with this product. Poodlepet2
Respected Contributor

I just received mine yesterday. First let me say my hair does not take products well. What I mean is, every single foam, mousse, paste, lotion, crème, etc etc etc never made a single improvement to my hair. So I wrote all styling products off. Haven't tried one is over two years. I gave away my ENTIRE stash to friends and family.

What made me want to try this product I don't know, but I did. I was surprised at the size of the bottle as I expected something smaller. So that's a plus. I immediately opened it. Brushed out my hair and tried it on my dry hair. Nice fragrance, and it seemed to soften my hair (which tends to be on the dry side). It was a very tiny amount so I tried some more and my hair did not flatten, become greasy/oily and it left no residue in my hair. Later in the evening I tried it again. Still even better and no buildup. It left my hair clean and fluffy!!!

I am going to try it on my clean shampooed wet hair in a bit. I'll see how it works after blow-drying and get back to you.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the update. Austin is not as humid as Florida or Houston, but it does get humid and I have wavy, frizz-prone hair. Any review that says something manages humidity well is of interest to me!

I'm glad you like this and may have to add it to my "give it a try" list. Normally I stick to curly-specific products and am happy, but it's fun to try new things.

Respected Contributor

Tried mine on towel dried hair before styling. Like the product better when I used it on my dry hair

Trusted Contributor

I also use this out of the shower before blow-drying on my baby-fine, past shoulder length hair. I am a WEN girl, but this blew Wen Styling Creme out of the water! I still use all my other WEN products (CC, volumizing spray, mask and 613). This product is something I never want to be without! I love Edward Bess's entire line!!

Respected Contributor

Karena, did you try the blush "quads" he presented on his last visit? I got both, but I have only worn "Summer in Capri". I can't say I like the brush: I get more even distribution with my brush. The color that he says can be used as a contour doesn't work for me, but overall-colors swirled together- it's beautiful and absolutely long wearing: I needed no touch ups! Poodlepet2
Trusted Contributor

On 2/27/2015 Poodlepet2 said: Karena, did you try the blush "quads" he presented on his last visit? I got both, but I have only worn "Summer in Capri". I can't say I like the brush: I get more even distribution with my brush. The color that he says can be used as a contour doesn't work for me, but overall-colors swirled together- it's beautiful and absolutely long wearing: I needed no touch ups! Poodlepet2

Hi Poodlepet - Thanks for your note! I bet the Summer in Capri looks gorgeous on you! That looks like a very fun product! I haven't tried the Quad Royales, but I have his Blush Imperiale in Soft Orchid which is on the left here. I also have three lipsticks and three Deep Shine glosses. I find the quality to be superb across the board!