Honored Contributor

Paging Griffy, re: Jane iredale pressed foundation

I thought I'd page you and give you my initial thoughts on the Jane Iredale pressed foundation we were discussing a little bit ago. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Paging Griffy, re: Jane iredale pressed foundation

Griffy, I have only used this today so far but here are my initial impressions.

First, the Radiant color is a very good match for me. I normally wear fair on most foundations but occasionally can wear light if it is light enough and/or not too yellow. Radiant is pretty neutral in color with perhaps slightly leaning towards more yellow but not overly so fortunately. I used my Too Faced kabuki brush to apply it and with the first swoop, I got too much product on it so I had to be careful next time I picked some up with the brush so I didn't pick up too much. As you know, some pressed powder foundations are pretty hard and you really have to dig in them to pick up some, but not this one at all.

I applied it over my usual serum, oil and SPF that I always wear and it went on smoothly. It blended in well and did not highlight my little laugh lines on the outside of my eyes and looked very natural, not powdery at all like some powder foundations can look. It really evened out my skin (keep in mind, I don't have any major skin issues to worry about, fortunately). So far, it is wearing well, even though it sprinkled outside and I didn't have a hat or umbrella, so that is nice. This surprised me but I just checked the box and it does say it is water resistant for 40 minutes so super cool! No irritation when I applied it either, which I have kind of sensitive skin these days and sometimes powder foundations can make my skin feel irritated. This felt like I had nothing on, very nice!

I will post an update after using it about a week or so. One thing I am hoping it won't do is get that weird film over it that the IT cosmetics celebration foundation did. That is the only pressed powder foundation that did that to me but now I am always nervous that others will do it too, although none have. The other thing is I hope I can keep using it without irritation and maybe if I get a little redness (haven't had any in awhile so not sure if I will during the trial period) I am hoping this covers it well.

And if you didn't see my other post, it IS a refillable compact, which is super cool too!

HTH!

Valued Contributor

Hi HappyDaze-I'm not Griffy, but thanks for sharing your review of this. I've been interested in Jane Iredale lately, especially b/c it is talc-free.Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Happy, nice to hear that you like the powder. I get the best results when I let my moisture cream or serum dry before applying the powder. When your brush picks up any moisture it will form a film on the powder.

Another trick is use a powder puff first with a tiny amount of foundation. Just to make a dry surface.

Honored Contributor

On 2/26/2015 Sister Golden Hair said:

Happy, nice to hear that you like the powder. I get the best results when I let my moisture cream or serum dry before applying the powder. When your brush picks up any moisture it will form a film on the powder.

Another trick is use a powder puff first with a tiny amount of foundation. Just to make a dry surface.

Thanks for the tips, SGH! Also, thank you for the recommendation on this product. So far so good and a decent price. I will definitely be checking out more JI products. Hopefully Costco will start carrying more of the line.

Honored Contributor

On 2/26/2015 glmama said: Hi HappyDaze-I'm not Griffy, but thanks for sharing your review of this. I've been interested in Jane Iredale lately, especially b/c it is talc-free.Smiley Happy

you are welcome, glmama. I don't know if you saw the other post but Costco.com has this powder for $31.99 which is a pretty good deal compared to what it usually goes for. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

On 2/26/2015 HappyDaze said:

Griffy, I have only used this today so far but here are my initial impressions.

First, the Radiant color is a very good match for me. I normally wear fair on most foundations but occasionally can wear light if it is light enough and/or not too yellow. Radiant is pretty neutral in color with perhaps slightly leaning towards more yellow but not overly so fortunately. I used my Too Faced kabuki brush to apply it and with the first swoop, I got too much product on it so I had to be careful next time I picked some up with the brush so I didn't pick up too much. As you know, some pressed powder foundations are pretty hard and you really have to dig in them to pick up some, but not this one at all.

I applied it over my usual serum, oil and SPF that I always wear and it went on smoothly. It blended in well and did not highlight my little laugh lines on the outside of my eyes and looked very natural, not powdery at all like some powder foundations can look. It really evened out my skin (keep in mind, I don't have any major skin issues to worry about, fortunately). So far, it is wearing well, even though it sprinkled outside and I didn't have a hat or umbrella, so that is nice. This surprised me but I just checked the box and it does say it is water resistant for 40 minutes so super cool! No irritation when I applied it either, which I have kind of sensitive skin these days and sometimes powder foundations can make my skin feel irritated. This felt like I had nothing on, very nice!

I will post an update after using it about a week or so. One thing I am hoping it won't do is get that weird film over it that the IT cosmetics celebration foundation did. That is the only pressed powder foundation that did that to me but now I am always nervous that others will do it too, although none have. The other thing is I hope I can keep using it without irritation and maybe if I get a little redness (haven't had any in awhile so not sure if I will during the trial period) I am hoping this covers it well.

And if you didn't see my other post, it IS a refillable compact, which is super cool too!

HTH!

Hi HappyDaze - thank you so much for your thoughtful, detailed first impressions of the Jane Iredale foundation. It sounds like a winner so far! Your skin tone sounds similar to mine so I think Radiant might be good for me, too (Do you wear IT Celebration Foundation in light or fair? I wear fair, the light is too peachy on me). Very cool that the Iredale is water resistant, too. I know what you mean about the film developing on the IT Celebration Foundation; same thing happened to me ( I like SGH's suggestion to use a powder puff first and then switch to the brush). Since you are also a Celebration user, how do you think the finish compares? More or less matte, or about the same? I like a more matte finish because it helps blur some visible pores. I hope it continues to work well for you and not irritate your skin (and if you feel like it, I'd be interested in your impressions farther down the road. ) Thanks again for taking the time to post ... {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

On 2/26/2015 griffy said:

Hi HappyDaze - thank you so much for your thoughtful, detailed first impressions of the Jane Iredale foundation. It sounds like a winner so far! Your skin tone sounds similar to mine so I think Radiant might be good for me, too (Do you wear IT Celebration Foundation in light or fair? I wear fair, the light is too peachy on me). Very cool that the Iredale is water resistant, too. I know what you mean about the film developing on the IT Celebration Foundation; same thing happened to me ( I like SGH's suggestion to use a powder puff first and then switch to the brush). Since you are also a Celebration user, how do you think the finish compares? More or less matte, or about the same? I like a more matte finish because it helps blur some visible pores. I hope it continues to work well for you and not irritate your skin (and if you feel like it, I'd be interested in your impressions farther down the road. ) Thanks again for taking the time to post ... {#emotions_dlg.wub}

You are welcome! Smile Now to answer your questions:

Do you wear IT Celebration Foundation in light or fair?

-Like you, the light was too yellowish/orangish on me, the fair matched better.

Since you are also a Celebration user, how do you think the finish compares? More or less matte, or about the same?

-I found the finish to be more on the matte side but not super flat matte, if that makes sense. It wasn't dewy by any means but I don't like a super matte look either because that can look too cakey or make my skin look more flat/dull but this did not do that. So about the same as the celebration foundation (regular celebration foundation, NOT the illumination one, I've never tried that one). The big difference between the two, for me, is that the celebration foundation seemed to exaggerate my pores and I don't even have large pores! The Jane Iredale does not do that at all.

I will certainly let you know in a week or two how I feel about it then. Smile

Honored Contributor

I do love the make-up brush "the Handi" and I use it for my blush too. I have had my brush for years and it is still going strong. I have all her brushes and they are my favorites.

If you decide to get some eyeshadows, just let me know and I will tell you about the colors.

And as I said before I love the "Just-kissed" lipsticks.

You might call the company and see if they will send you a catalog of her products.

Trusted Contributor

HappyDaze,

Thank you for this TERRIFIC review - you need to be writing a beauty blog if you are not already doing so! Great detail and information.

So glad Radiant worked for you - and SOOO happy it's a refillable compact. Thanks for letting me know.

Enjoy!