Honored Contributor

Special offer, Saturday, 2/28 - IT Celebration Foundation (2 compacts w/brush)

I have been wanting to try this foundation .............. is it as good as they say it is? The reviews are very mixed, TIA!

Super Contributor

Re: Special offer, Saturday, 2/28 - IT Celebration Foundation (2 compacts w/brush)

I'm afraid you'll run into the same mixed reviews here. I'll be the first to say that I like the Celebration Foundation a lot. It covers very well, doesn't cake on me (some will say it does), and feels like nothing on the skin. It's my favorite powder foundation. I'd say it's definitely worth a shot.

I have found, however, in my shade, it ran slightly lighter than their CC cream, if you've ever used it. I use Tan in their CC cream, but have to wear Rich in the Celebration Foundation. Give it a shot! You can always return it if you're unhappy.

Honored Contributor

Re: Special offer, Saturday, 2/28 - IT Celebration Foundation (2 compacts w/brush)

Thank you Sparkly Tiara for your reply, I tried the CC cream in medium and it did not look good on me, as most mediums do, had way too much yellow in it! I just hear so much about this foundation, and I want something with coverage! Thanks again!Smile

Esteemed Contributor

I use it, have been for quite awhile now. Used to use liquid foundation, then dab my 2 brown spots and reddish areas with a concealer then apply powder. So it's one step now for me. The brown spots I simply apply a little more than on the rest of my face using the edge of the brush or my fingertip, either of which I use to pick up a little more of the powder from the compact. The one brown spot is rather dark and I would say it covers it 90%, it happens to be right on my cheek so once I then apply a little blush on top of the foundation it's not that noticeable. I read both the positive & negative reviews but took a chance and am happy with it. Sometimes I wonder if those who say it gets caked up apply it immediately after using moisturizer, I wait a couple of minutes till my skin doesn't feel moist to the touch.

Trusted Contributor

Where is the sale? I don't see it on Q or her website. FYI.. I do like her foundations, have to ise sparingly or i do think they cake.
Respected Contributor

Yes, it's pretty good, if you know what to expect. It's powder, but the coverage is excellent and buildable. It runs lighter than it seems, and that is confirmed by many reviewers.

Do you have an item number, please, for this deal? I am not seeing it.

Trusted Contributor

I really like it. It is A253482 IT Cosmetics Super-Size Celebration Foundation with Brush for $54. I'm tempted. They have this in auto delivery as well. Hoody I think that its great but make sure to moisturizer your face first! I read a great powder tutorial online (Jane Iredale Brand I believe) and the narrator reiterated the importance in moisturizing well before applying powder foundations. If you don't, it accentuates dry patches. If you do, the powder attaches to your moisturizer and melds together. I really like It Celebration a lot! One of my favorite powders.
Respected Contributor

Very true, CAshopper. You must use something as a base. I use moisturizer or else the CC cream (which smells lovely and lemony, and I try to forget about the snail thing.)

Honored Contributor

On 2/28/2015 CAshopper2011 said: I really like it. It is A253482 IT Cosmetics Super-Size Celebration Foundation with Brush for $54. I'm tempted. They have this in auto delivery as well. Hoody I think that its great but make sure to moisturizer your face first! I read a great powder tutorial online (Jane Iredale Brand I believe) and the narrator reiterated the importance in moisturizing well before applying powder foundations. If you don't, it accentuates dry patches. If you do, the powder attaches to your moisturizer and melds together. I really like It Celebration a lot! One of my favorite powders.

Good advice and I totally agree. And Ive found that a thin coat of primer after all your moisturizing and left to dry for a few minutes, does a great job with powders. I use BE mineral foundation and always get compliments about my skin.

Frequent Contributor

On 2/28/2015 CAshopper2011 said: I really like it. It is A253482 IT Cosmetics Super-Size Celebration Foundation with Brush for $54. I'm tempted. They have this in auto delivery as well. Hoody I think that its great but make sure to moisturizer your face first! I read a great powder tutorial online (Jane Iredale Brand I believe) and the narrator reiterated the importance in moisturizing well before applying powder foundations. If you don't, it accentuates dry patches. If you do, the powder attaches to your moisturizer and melds together. I really like It Celebration a lot! One of my favorite powders.

I completely agree... I just realized this a few months ago. I even use an oil mixed with my moisturizer to get the best "creamy" look out of my Bare Minerals Original Foundation. I am 48. I stopped using any powder foundation until I stumbled upon this method. It doesn't matter if your brush gets oily from the moisturizer... you just wash it. If you use this method with a compact, the oils from your face will make a glaze on your powder compact. For this problem, use scotch tape regularly all over the top of the compact and this will not happen.