Super Contributor

Anyone own BB makeup brushes? I was curious about her blush brush but not thrilled about the price tag. Anyone own these brushes? Are they any different from MAC or Sigma?

Occasional Contributor

Re: Bobbi Brown makeup brushes

I've used BB brushes for 14 years. I just wash them well every month and they have held up well. The ones I always are use are the powder, blush, full eyeshadow (I don't think this is available anymore), regular eyeshadow, eye blender, eye wedge, fine eyeliner ( use w/ gel eyeliner), her other eyeliner - love this for dry shadow, wedge, face blender brush, kabuki and eyebrow and lip. I invested and they have lasted. I've bought others over the years, but I find myself reaching for BB. Good Luck!! And HTH!
Occasional Contributor

Oh, I also use her newer bronzer brush. The one I bought 14 years ago was rough, I called it the 'exfoliater' brush!
Honored Contributor

I use Chanel brushes and they're fantastic!

Trusted Contributor

I only use Bobbi Brown brushes. They are very expensive, but when she has a sale on her website you can get them cheaper. They are absolutely excellent brushes I have been using them for years and years and they still look new. Her makeup is excellent quality too.

Frequent Contributor

About 6 years ago I purchased the Bobbi Brown blush brush. I use it EVERY single day and prefer it over any of my other blush brushes (I also have the Chanel brush, a Sephora blush brush, and a bare minerals blush brush). There is something about the quality of the bristles.... they are not too soft where they would just bend and be difficult to use to properly apply product, and they are also not stiff or scratchy.

I LOVE it! Spend the money... you'll use it for YEARS!

Respected Contributor

I bought one for blush last year and it was a lemon. Previously, I was happy with them.

I re-purchased one the other day and so far so good. The bristles are exceptionally soft and my blush goes on far better with it.

Overall, my experiences have been fairly good... just the one time I was dissatisfied.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/26/2015 SoftRaindrops said:

I bought one for blush last year and it was a lemon. Previously, I was happy with them.

I re-purchased one the other day and so far so good. The bristles are exceptionally soft and my blush goes on far better with it.

Overall, my experiences have been fairly good... just the one time I was dissatisfied.

Interesting. I bought her blush brush last year and thought it was terrible and scratchy. Wonder if I got a lemon too?!
Respected Contributor

On 2/26/2015 Jerseygirl1266 said:
On 2/26/2015 SoftRaindrops said:

Interesting. I bought her blush brush last year and thought it was terrible and scratchy. Wonder if I got a lemon too?!
When I asked a sales person who sold the brand, she said they changed the factory where they were made. I threw mine out but she said they got a lot of returns. The new brush I purchased doesn't shed and is very soft.
Super Contributor

I have quite a few of her brushes all have been wonderful. Pricey yes, but when you consider how long they last then it is worth it. To me it comes down to cost per use. I use these everyday and for years these have lasted in good condition. These also hold up wear to washing. The bristles do not fall off when washing or on your face when using. I also own Chanel and again pricey but the same good brushes. I prefer to pay more and have good brush that lasts thru daily use and washes well. Soft bristles both that pick up product well.