Trusted Contributor
I was thinking of going to the mac or laura mercier counter (which do you suggest) to have my makeup done. I would buy the products she uses to make it profitable for her. I want a natural look not over done. I could do it myself. The wedding is at 5 and would make morning appt (if they do that). My neighbor is a stylist and is doing my hair. I am not comfortable asking her about make up, that isnt what she does and doesnt wear make up.
Esteemed Contributor

Try doing it on an earlier day before the wedding and make sure you are happy with it (and the sales person). Then make a time to go back on the morning of the wedding.

Respected Contributor
I agree with colliegirls - go before the day of, for sure. I did my own MU, and went to the BB counter several weeks beforehand and the MUA there did a fabulous job. I am pretty good at MU, but he gave me great pointers to make sure it also looked great in pictures. I also bought several items, which I think is just common courtesy when they spend a good portion of time with you. MAC has great MU, but so does LM. You might look at their sites or go by and talk to them about it and find a MUA whose MU you like, yourself! HTH!!
Frequent Contributor
You could check it out in advance and see if you want to go back or try another place. Give yourself plenty of time to experiment if you can.
Respected Contributor

I agree with Colliegirls a trial run is the way to go. If you go to a store with a variety of counters Look at the women at all of them to see if one's makeup is the effect you're looking for and ask who did HER make up. Also if you have a shirt the same color as what you will be wearing on wedding day, wear that to the make up session so the colors used will compliment what you are wearing. On wedding day wear a BUTTON DOWN shirt so you don't muss up make up or hairstyle when changing out of your casuals and into your formals. Enjoy the day!

Super Contributor

I've had my makeup done before and it looked good in the store and terrible outside. Be sure to try it in advance.

Trusted Contributor
Great advice, thanks. Go before, check out whose make up you like, button down shirt. Great.
Super Contributor

Once I had my makeup done at a Chanel counter and it was GORGEOUS! Very soft, subtle yet really chic and on trend! Wink

Honored Contributor

If you have fair skin, be careful of the foundation used. Too much SPF and your face may reflect the photographer's flashes and you'll look washed-out or ghostly. Or so I've heard!

Respected Contributor
On 2/25/2015 ValuSkr said:

If you have fair skin, be careful of the foundation used. Too much SPF and your face may reflect the photographer's flashes and you'll look washed-out or ghostly. Or so I've heard!

That's correct. My daughter was recently married and the makeup artist told us you have to be careful with the foundation used or you can get those white splotches in photos like some of the celebs we've seen. I know Mac was one she uses. They also airbrush. Not to be too nosey, but do you know if the bride is hiring a makeup artist to do her and the bridesmaids? It's pretty common these days. We did and the mother of the groom and I also had ours done with the girls. It was fun. Also you do need heavier makeup to show up in the photos. They can do a natural look, but it will still be more makeup than you would think.