Super Contributor

I need some advice on the best foundation for very dry skin?

My skin is dry so I need a foundation with a dewy finish. Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: I need some advice on the best foundation for very dry skin?

Laura Mercier has one I believe that is called Silk Crème. It is full coverage in a tube and always has high ratings. I use her tinted moisturizer and also have a light/med. foundation I use by her. She does have excellent products. Start using Marula oil and you will no longer have dry skin. I use acure Organics Marula oil. I never have dry skin even in the cold weather. This oil balances the skin and is rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Bobbi Brown also has a moisturizing foundation.
Frequent Contributor

I am literally in love with the new Bare Minerals complexion rescue, it is literally rescuing my skin from the cakey dry skin foundation look and still gives me amazing coverage

Valued Contributor

My skin has been dry this winter and I am thrilled to have discovered Clarins Extra Comfort Cream foundation. It is like a mousse and you use just a tiny amount for your whole face. The coverage is soft and flawless and it is very hydrating without looking greasy. It just looks like you have beautiful soft skin. It's a little pricey but the large jar ( with spatula) will last for ages.

Valued Contributor

My skin has been dry this winter and I am thrilled to have discovered Clarins Extra Comfort Cream foundation. It is like a mousse and you use just a tiny amount for your whole face. The coverage is soft and flawless and it is very hydrating without looking greasy. It just looks like you have beautiful soft skin. It's a little pricey but the large jar ( with spatula) will last for ages.

Valued Contributor

oops sorry for dupe!

Respected Contributor

Elizabeth Arden has one in a jar. It's whipped and very creamy. Maybe go to a department store and try it. I find her creams are verrry rich as well...maybe this can help set the stage for your foundation. HTH

Super Contributor

Thank you ladies for all your suggestions.

Trusted Contributor

Like CissyT.

I would suggest the Elizabeth Arden in the jar and they also have a liquid foundation that is very moisturizing as well, leaving a beautiful dewy look.