Esteemed Contributor

Cleansers That Removes Eye Makeup Too

Whenever there is a discussion about cleansers, no one really mentions if they are also good for eye makeup removal.

Purity, I know, but when they demonstrate, it looks like they are rubbing too hard. J&J baby shampoo is not thorough enough. Recently I tried Simple, but even that stung my eyes.

The cleansers I've seen in the stores say not for eyes. (Unless I missed one or two.)

Besides plain oil, or maybe Ponds, which lotion type cleansers are also good for eyes?

Victoria Principal has great cleansers that never stings eyes. I've been searching for a backup for years!

Respected Contributor

Re: Cleansers That Removes Eye Makeup Too

I've always had a problem with my eyes and stinging. I used Ponds years ago and had to rub. So far, I still like Purity. I've read what people have said but for me, it really is the only product that works. I'm not as thrilled with other Philosophy Products but with Purity, I am. Sorry.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/24/2015 DogLvr said:

I've always had a problem with my eyes and stinging. I used Ponds years ago and had to rub. So far, I still like Purity. I've read what people have said but for me, it really is the only product that works. I'm not as thrilled with other Philosophy Products but with Purity, I am. Sorry.

Thanks, DogLvr!

Valued Contributor

I've rediscovered the Signature Club A (hsn) Melt Down cream cleanser and it is fabulous for removing every bit of make up, no stinging in the eyes and leaves my skin very soft and hydrated. I now use this every night. Check it out!

Respected Contributor

My eyes are too sensitive for a cleanser that does it all. I use a facial cleanser from Clinique, and for eye makeup I use Bi-facil from Lancome, rinse it all off thoroughly before I moistuize for night. I know it is an extra step, but so worth it.

Trusted Contributor

Not a lotion cleanser, but it does the trick on both face and eyes, and the price is right!

Respected Contributor

The new bareMinerals cleansing oil has gotten all 5 stars....it's my next try, says it is great for eye makeup also and doesn't sting...

Valued Contributor

Tatcha.
Honored Contributor

The Dr. Young Camellia Cleansing Oil I use nightly works well at removing my makeup. I've tried Josie Maran's and Bare Minerals cleansing oils and they both work well, too.

Respected Contributor

I want the same thing, too. The only Cleanser that worked was a Shiseido cleanser that they have, of course, discontinued. Nuance Salma Hayek Oil Cleanser takes off all of my makeup (I wear a lot of long wearing makeup) but, of course, IT breaks me out. I like the Josie Maran Oil Cleanser, but it does not remove all of my makeup on it's own. So, I have been rubbing Argan Oil around on my face to break down all of my makeup, then I use a dose of Josie Maran Oil Cleanser, then I use either Nuance Salma Hayek Chamomile Cleanser or First Aid Beauty Cleanser to make sure that my skin is clean.