Honored Contributor

Cream type facial cleanser - unscented - need recommendations

I have been using one by Clinique and they are not making it any more. I want to find something comparable.

I wonder if those here who have similar issues as me could make some recommendations for gentle, effective cleansers.

I am 62, very sensitive, thin skin, rosacea, slightly dry.

I seem to have had the best luck with cream style cleansers.

Nothing too greasy though. Soaps generally speaking are irritating.

Thank you!!!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Cream type facial cleanser - unscented - need recommendations

You might look into Cetaphil Cleanser. It gets a lot of positive reviews as being gentle and effective, without stripping or drying.

Valued Contributor

I have super sensitive skin, use purity and the micro derm wash, am going to be 62 tomorrow! I follow this with hope is not enough serum, the hope is not enough eye cream,then the miriacle moistureizer. Then I put on foundation if I want.Cheek stain by Clinique and eye shadow and liner and mascara.
Trusted Contributor

I am in my 60s. I use Alpha Hydrox Foaming Cleanser. It is very creamy, non-drying, and very inexpensive especially when there are BOGOs. It has a "best" rating on Beautypedia, which is why I started using it. HTH!

Super Contributor

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser is amazing and takes makeup off good too.The texture is like a lotion its very hydrating.
Trusted Contributor

On 2/24/2015 shiloh 81 said: CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser is amazing and takes makeup off good too.The texture is like a lotion its very hydrating.

I also recommend CeraVe hydrating cleanser. As shiloh said, it's more of a lotion than a cream. I like it because it washes off easily and it's inexpensive.

Valued Contributor

Try Aqualin Cleansing Lotion.... "Beautiful skin begins with Aquanil Cleansing Lotion. This mild daily cleanser effectively removes dirt, oil and make-up to reveal your skin’s natural radiance. Aquanil Cleansing Lotion is hypoallergenic plus fragrance and soap-free for even the most sensitive users. Appropriate for all skin types, Aquanil Cleansing Lotion helps your skin retain its natural moisture to feel balanced and soft." Description from the company website (http://www.personandcovey.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=4). They make several products for sensitive skin and different skin issues and is recommended by dermatologists. Icing on the cake, I ordered a bottle from our local pharmacy and 8oz was $9.00! Check it out see what you think. Being a pharmacy technician for many years and helping raise one niece with SEVERE eczema who is now 13 has taught me a lot... That includes a huge amount of patience, LOL!
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/24/2015 turtle52 said:

I am in my 60s. I use Alpha Hydrox Foaming Cleanser. It is very creamy, non-drying, and very inexpensive especially when there are BOGOs. It has a "best" rating on Beautypedia, which is why I started using it. HTH!

turtle52, or someone, can you remove eye makeup with the AH? (I had that cleanser once upon a time, and I only used it for a.m. -- no eye makeup involved.)

I am always looking for a (backup) lotion/cream type cleanser that does not sting eyes and can remove eye makeup.

Victoria Principal makes the best lotion type cleansers. She always said she had sensitive skin. They are thorough cleansers, non stripping, non stinging...maybe just the slightest scent. I also do not like scents in certain things. I've been using Reclaim ever since she came out with that line, but her previous one/s are just as wonderful!

Regular Contributor

Another vote for CeraVe hydrating cleanser!

I discovered this at my derms office in his samples bucket. I've been using this cleanser for a few years now and so does my 24y daughter who has very sensitive skin.

Trusted Contributor

My vote goes to CeraVe hydrating cleanser - it's very creamy, cleanses well, non-irritating, hydrating, highly recommended by Derms, and best of all - it's very inexpensive and available at DSs. Boots No7 also makes a very good hydrating cleanser.