Esteemed Contributor

So Upset when it is Presented

Whenever I see the Perfector presented I get so upset. I was given this for Christmas and started using it on the lowest setting a few times a week. While it didn't do much for my hair, I used it to get a flip and it helped a bit. However, after a couple of months I noticed breaks on my ends and up the shaft of my hair where I used the Perfector. Thank goodness I never used it near my scalp. I have fine hair to my shoulders that was always healthy and never colored treated and I let it dry naturally and now it is split and broken. I have had to cut my hair shorter and it will be months and months before the damage grows out. For me this was a damaging product. I would love to get it off the market. Just a warning to those with fine hair.
Honored Contributor

Re: So Upset when it is Presented

Anything with heat that you use on your hair can break/damage your hair, regardless of what they try to say in presentations. It is just fact. I know many women who use(d) these types of products and after awhile, their hair always ended up damaged. It is the nature of the beast.

Super Contributor

On 2/23/2015 HappyDaze said:

Anything with heat that you use on your hair can break/damage your hair, regardless of what they try to say in presentations. It is just fact. I know many women who use(d) these types of products and after awhile, their hair always ended up damaged. It is the nature of the beast.

Correct! Ever hair dryers can damage your hair.

Valued Contributor

what is the perfector?

Honored Contributor

Curling Iron that looks like a brush. Google it here.

Super Contributor

On 2/23/2015 HappyDaze said:

This is true, unfortunately. Using heat tools to achieve good hairstyles always comes with a price...

Honored Contributor

Please review it on QVC.com if you haven't already. This is the sort of info that would be valuable to know. If you are businesslike and matter of fact when describing what happened I'd bet they'd publish your review.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

Chaz Dean says if you use his Wen styling cream after washing hair when hair is wet the heat wont damage your hair.There is a heat protector in it.

Super Contributor

On 2/23/2015 MidNight said:

Chaz Dean says if you use his Wen styling cream after washing hair when hair is wet the heat wont damage your hair.There is a heat protector in it.

Chaz suggests that everyone use blow-dryers only, though - because they cause the least amount of heat damage. He discourages the use of curling irons, flat irons, curlers, etc.

Respected Contributor

I singed a portion of my hair using it. And I've used lots of curling irons, flat irons, etc. and had no problems. I had to treat this section of hair with a deep conditioner overnight. It slowly recovered.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!