Frequent Contributor

What mascara do you use for your lower lashes?

Hi everyone. I was wondering what mascara you use on your lower lashes? Do you buy something specific, or do you use the same for both upper and lower? I swear my lower lashes always seem to smudge, and not sure if it is because I use eye cream, but I need some good suggestions. Help.

Thank you & God Bless you.

Honored Contributor

Re: What mascara do you use for your lower lashes?

I have never used any mascara on my lower lashes....top lashes only
Honored Contributor

i use the same mascara on my lower lashes that i do on my upper lashes. if you want something lighter, not too wet, or not so noticeable then try IT cosmetics tightline.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Maybe try a mascara that states it does not smudge. I know Bobbi Brown has one. But, I believe Clinique has a mascara for the lower lashes. When I used mascara on my lower lashes when I was younger I used whatever I had and would always be light with the hand. You always want more drama on the top lashes.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I rarely wear mascara (or even rarer eye liner) on lower lash line.

Sometimes, I may just apply to the last few of my lower lashes from the outer corner. Not going all the way across to inner corner.

Respected Contributor

Same as I wear on top lashes.

Valued Contributor

Covergirl Lashblast Length, Waterproof. It doesn't have a fat brush like the regular lash blast. It makes my lashes very feathery, soft look and does not smudge at all. I only use this on my lower lashes.

Trusted Contributor

I use L'Oreal's Double Extend Beauty Tubes (red and white tube) mascara. It is the ONLY mascara I've ever used that does not smudge on my lower lashes (I also use it on my upper lashes). Trust me on this and give it a try.

Respected Contributor

On 2/22/2015 OkeyDokey said:

Covergirl Lashblast Length, Waterproof. It doesn't have a fat brush like the regular lash blast. It makes my lashes very feathery, soft look and does not smudge at all. I only use this on my lower lashes.

What color tube is this in?

Respected Contributor

I don't wear mascara on my bottom lashes. They smudge too easily on me. Good luck in your search!