Trusted Contributor

When running late, can you slap on your makeup and go?

I cannot, and I don't know why. My skin is in good shape. I should be able to put on mascara, concealer, and lip color and go about my day.

How about you? Can you cut out steps or apply your makeup very quickly?

Paws and enjoy life.
Honored Contributor

Re: When running late, can you slap on your makeup and go?

Now that we have the BE liquid foundation, I can skip primer and all the drying between layers and move a lot quicker. I do that on days when I'm in a hurry. I save the READY foundation for days when I have more time.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

If I'm in a hurry it's foundation and brows then I'm out the door. If I had skin where I didn't need foundation I would skip that step altogether.

Honored Contributor

Absolutely. In fact, I'm not averse to wearing no makeup at all. But if I want a quickie, I use L'Oreal's lift something or other concealer that comes in a handy dispenser with a brush. I can use it on my eyelids and under my eyes and anywhere else I need to. Maybe a lip gloss.

If I have another minute or so, I might choose a powder blush that I could also sweep on my lids.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

My normal makeup routine is usually pretty simple- BB cream, mascara, quick swipe of eyeshadow or just a tinted/brightening eye primer and lipgloss. So yes, for the most part, it is quick. When I have more time or am feeling more creative, it will be more labor intensive and include eyeliner, more creative eyeshadow application using a few different colors for brow and lid and crease and perhaps a tad of blush. I don't like to spend alot of time on my skincare or makeup, I just don't have the patience, lol.

Valued Contributor

Actually, yes. I learned from Adrienne a long time ago, not to be afraid of it. I used to be so pokey when putting on makeup. People laugh at her sometimes incomplete makeovers, but it really doesn't take very long to put on makeup, and do it well. I just needed more confidence to not be so "afraid" of it, and just DO IT.Smile I'm talking about cleansing, toner, moisturizer, foundation, blush, eye shadow, brows, mascara, and lip color. Sometimes I also use powder.

Respected Contributor

Yep. As long as I have a tube of mascara I won't frighten small children.
Respected Contributor

I enjoy doing full face (but not over the top) makeup. But sometimes I'm just not feeling it -- like today. Today I threw on a BB cream, blush, concealer under eye and on lid, mascara and lip gloss. Probably didn't look much different than when I spend 20 minutes doing it. Lol!!
Esteemed Contributor

I can do it pretty quickly when I have to. When there is little time, I will slap concealer on the most important spots, dab on some brown eyeshadow, swipe on my favorite nude/pink lipstick, and I am out the door. Takes no time at all.

Mind you, I like having more makeup on than that, but I can get by with the above and not feel too bad.

Honored Contributor

It doesn't take me a long time to put on make-up anyway. I use moisturizer, foundation, eyeliner, mascara, eyebrow powder and lipstick. It takes me about five minutes or so.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau