Frequent Contributor

Would love your reviews on Algenist Concentrated Serum?

I was thinking about starting to use the Algenist line. I an curious about the Concentrated Serum and the Genius Utimate Anti-Aging Cream? Dose it work....less lines etc. TIA
Valued Contributor

Re: Would love your reviews on Algenist Concentrated Serum?

I ordered some stuff that last time they were presented. The retinol serum, the original cream and eye gel and bought the serum at ulta. I can't decide if I like the products, I do like them enough not to send back though. I cant use the Genius, something in that product causes a reaction.

If you do try them would you post what your results are? Ten days isn't doing it for me like they say but I really didn't expect results that quick.

Seems like some say they got no results and others just love the products so I think you should give them a try.

Contributor

I gave this the 10 day test, and of course it does not live up to all the hype the host and vendor claim. If they actually say that "you shoiuld see results in 10 days", then you should see those results. I see this as false advertising and sent it back after 10 days.

Valued Contributor

I use Algenist and alternate with TULA. Of course the caveat.is everyones skin reacts differently. I have combo skin with a few lines and more need for firming. Both the products you are asking about are part of my routine, along with the neck cream, eye balm, and retinol. I have been super pleased with Algenist. I think the Genius Cream is well named. For me, I had to use the products for a few months before I truly noticed results. I hope my take is of value.
Esteemed Contributor

Did nothing for me. Results in 10 days?! I waited almost 30 days before I retuned it. Agree, it is false advertising.
Trusted Contributor

I have used the concentrated serum for awhile now...gone thru (2) 2 ounce bottles...only use once a day....and I mix it with Isomers C-stem serum...I like that the Algenist has algae in it....I would say it helps maintain my skin, and at 55 it is getting harder to maintain!

I don't think there is a miracle erase all or lift all....but I like it enough to start my 3rd 2 ounce bottle in a couple days

I ordered the genius cream from e-bay, should be here next week

Honored Contributor

If you like the idea of algae, but find the Algenist is too pricey, you might give the Skinn Collagenesis Stem Rejen a try. Granted, it's a different kind of algae, but it's a nice product and very affordable. There's a TTV on Evine today that included all the Stem Rejen products for under $60.

Super Contributor

I'm one of the ones for whom it didn't seem to do anything. I used the first serum they first introduced for 30 days. As someone mentioned, some love it, others weren't impressed. I wonder if it's because some of us just respond well to algae. Beware, though, that it causes some people to break out. And just like with anything, we just have to find out if it works for us. If you try it, hope you're one of the "love it!" ones. :-)

Valued Contributor

Wanted to add that my problem area is the left side of my face, the cheek area was getting a crepe like look and looking in my magnifying mirror this morning I see a little improvement but not sure enough to justify the cost of these products.