Respected Contributor

The worst of the best , lets vote.

Two of the best skincare lines have what i consider two of the worst products. My vote for Skinn goes to Dermapeel , superthick with large abrasive rough beads (magnesium oxide) to top it off peppermint oil to make it feel like it has really done something. I've tried to like it but even the new formula is just as bad. Isomers , a less popular product is their Vitamin C cleanser , it doesn't rinse clean , feels like a coating is left on skin. These two skincare lines are great and all skin is different but these are my votes for bad formulas. What are your opinions on the worst products.

Trusted Contributor

Re: The worst of the best , lets vote.

Wow, another vote for dermapeel. I didn't like it at all for the reasons mentioned. It left a residue in my face from the thick oils. Then I left the tub in the shower where it got a little water in it, and became unusable. It balled up and separated, crumbling off my face. So if you hate it, let a little water get into the tub and you will hate it even more! Lol. This was years ago so perhaps the new formula is a little better?
Respected Contributor

Another Dermappeal vote. Ugh, hate that stuff. OP and CAshopper explain it perfectly.
Respected Contributor

Dermapeel for me as well, gave me huge welts.

The serum duo that came with his day and night creams was also a bust - made the creams ball up no matter how you applied it.

Honored Contributor

I love Dermapeel and it has made my skin so smooth and soft. While I use and love most of Mally's eye products, the worst for me are all her foundations and that yellow stuff to use around the eyes as well as her concealers.

Respected Contributor

Dermapeel...way too greasy like putting Vaseline on your face.

Honored Contributor

I don't get the greasy thing with dermappeal. I've never had that feeling after using. I use it before I shower a few times a week and there is no residue or anything on my skin - just a very clean smooth feeling. Maybe those who feel that way are not rinsing thoroughly and should try washing their face after using it.

Trusted Contributor

Definitely Skinn Dermapeel. Yuck Yuck Yuck!!!!! And it didn't used to be that way. When it was first introduced, I loved it. Then the formula was obviously changed and now its' horrible!!

Honored Contributor

Sorry---I love Dermapeel too and have no issues with it. Leaves my face soft and very hydrated. I love the smell and it leaves nothing in my tub/shower. I only use it once a week and then I use it to work my feet over a couple times a week. It does have a pretty gnarly texture but ladies, you don't buff it on your face like wax on a car, you have to use a very gentle pressure. Works fabulous for me.

Honored Contributor

What I dont like about Dermapeel is the very offensive and so so strong peppermint smell, it is so overwhelming it feels like I cannot breathe, clogs my lungs. I also dont like Skinn Lip 6X, way too greasy for my liking. I do love Isomers Eyelash protein. The Isomers Thermal Enzyme Microdermabrasion is awful, also leaves that greasy feel behind and crumbles all up in the jar.