Super Contributor

Hydroshield is not at all like I expected!! Question for experienced Hydroshield users please.

Hello!

I received the most recent Dr. Denese TSV with the jumbo Hydroshield and day/night creams. I've seen Hydroshield presentations for years and how they always say how hydrating it is. My skin has been so, so dry this winter and despite the $140 cost I justified that I needed this because I haven't found anything else that has been moisturizing enough.

I am really surprised about the Hydroshield! I was envisioning upon application my facial skin would feel more moisturized than it ever has & would drink in the serum.

What I find, though, is that the Hydroshield is so slippery/slick feeling like a lot of primers with silicone. It feels like it doesn't get absorbed by my skin but is sitting on top of it.

Does anyone else feel this way? I'm just so surprised that I my skin doesn't feel moisturized after I use it.

Thanks in advance! I appreciate your thoughts & experiences Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Re: Hydroshield is not at all like I expected!! Question for experienced Hydroshield users please.

I understand what you mean. I bought several Dr. D items and wanted to love Hydroshield. It sat on my skin. It did not hydrate for me. It does contain a lot of 'cones. I learned my lesson.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hydroshield is not at all like I expected!! Question for experienced Hydroshield users please.

It sinks right in to my skin. Do you exfoliate? I use ExfoliKate or Philosophy's 2pc Vitamin C Micro-delivery Peel weekly.

If you have dead skin buildup, it can't sink in.

Also, it only takes a small amount. How much are you using?

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

Expect to get a whole range of answers. Some like it and some don't. I happen to like it - as a serum. It helps hydrate to an extent but it does not replace a good moisturizer. It contains retinol (which I like) so that will also be drying somewhat. Again, it is a serum. That is why she added her creams. I don't care for her creams. In the first place, I won't buy any skincare anymore that comes in a jar. Never mind the contamination factor, but any active ingredient is weakened as soon as the jar is opened.

Yes, the HydroShield has a huge slip factor. It is the silicone mainly. You have to let it sit for a while (2-4 minutes) to allow it to be absorbed properly. Interestingly some people say they find it greasy and oily while others say it dries their skin. Conclusion: It all comes down to what works for you and only you.

Super Contributor

P.S. Please read up on ""cones"". They are not the evil ingredient people make them out to be in the least!

Respected Contributor

I've been using it for several years and am happy with the results. You're supposed to wait several minutes after applying it before putting other things on your skin. I only use it at night, because my makeup doesn't seem to apply very well over it even after I wait. When I use it at night, I usually don't wait before applying my creams on top. When I get up in the morning, my skin is soft and looks healthy. I wouldn't pay $140 for it, but buy it on auto-delivery when it's included in a TSV kit.

Respected Contributor

I felt the same way, but I kept using it and got milia. I won't use it again.

Super Contributor

Sassenach1--You're scaring me! If it contains a lot of 'cones I'm now worried I'll start breaking out!! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

betteb--Yes, I exfoliate on a regular basis so unfortunately it's not that. I appreciate the help though Smiley Happy As far as the amount I'm using, I'm just following the directions that came with it so I don't think that can be the issue either.

Super Contributor

On 2/19/2015 bunnypink said:

Sassenach1--You're scaring me! If it contains a lot of 'cones I'm now worried I'll start breaking out!! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

betteb--Yes, I exfoliate on a regular basis so unfortunately it's not that. I appreciate the help though Smiley Happy As far as the amount I'm using, I'm just following the directions that came with it so I don't think that can be the issue either.

SILICONES WILL NOT BREAK YOU OUT. THAT IS A MYTH. YES I AM SHOUTING!

Respected Contributor

On 2/19/2015 Crisso said:
On 2/19/2015 bunnypink said:

SILICONES WILL NOT BREAK YOU OUT. THAT IS A MYTH. YES I AM SHOUTING!

THEY BREAK ME OUT! AND YES, I'M SHOUTING BACK.