Valued Contributor

First Aid Beauty Ladies: What's the difference between the Cream and the Lotion?

Hi Ladies, I am in love with the FAB Cream. Starting using it around the start of the new year and I ADORE this product. And that's saying a lot b/c I'm an admitted lotion/cream junkie. I currently have the cream in the tub BUT I just noticed that there's a lotion in a pump. I realize that lotions are generally a little lighter than a cream, but other than that, is there a real difference in the products? I love the tub cream, but a pump might be nice. Anyone? TIASmiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Re: First Aid Beauty Ladies: What's the difference between the Cream and the Lotion?

I have never heard of this product but for my older skin I prefer cream. I have dry skin and cream seems to give me more moisture.

Valued Contributor

Re: First Aid Beauty Ladies: What's the difference between the Cream and the Lotion?

Hi & Thanks for the reply, SGH.Smiley Happy It's called Ultra Repair Conditioning Lotion me comes in a 16 oz. pump. I love love love the cream. But the pump thing is sometimes easier. However, if it's not as good as the cream in the tub I ain't buying it! Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

Just bumpin' to see if anyone else knows more about the lotion? Or your opinion of it? TIA Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

I use both the cream and the lotion. The cream is much more moisturizing, at least, for my skin. I take a very high powered medication which causes dry skin and horrible itching. The cream is the only thing I have found in the last 3 years that stops the itching. The lotion helps but not as much. I have recommended the cream to two friends who were on chemo and had itching and it worked for both of them. Love this product.

Valued Contributor

On 2/19/2015 Sammiecat said:

I use both the cream and the lotion. The cream is much more moisturizing, at least, for my skin. I take a very high powered medication which causes dry skin and horrible itching. The cream is the only thing I have found in the last 3 years that stops the itching. The lotion helps but not as much. I have recommended the cream to two friends who were on chemo and had itching and it worked for both of them. Love this product.

Thanks so much, Sammie.Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

I too use both - found the creme is the best! I use the lotion for my hands only, never found it as rich as the original creme in the tub. Once the lotion in the pump is done I will not replace it. Will just keep scooping out of the tub and making my skin happy!

#IamTeamWen
Valued Contributor

Thank you, happywenner.Smiley Happy I think I'll stick to the TUB!
Trusted Contributor

glmama, thanks so much for recommending the ultra repair cream a few weeks ago. I bought the 2 oz size to give it a trial run and now I will not be without it. My normally oily skin has been very, very dry and itchy this winter and this cream has helped so much with hydrating and soothing it. I'm going to try the cleanser next.

Valued Contributor

Vaccinia--Sooooo glad you like it!Smiley Happy I ADORE this stuff. I have been very honest around here about my true obsession with lotions and creams and such. I would say that this is probably the best of its kind that I've tried. I also love Josie Maran's body butters, but this is a whole different animal. It feels like a *real* treatment. Love, love, love!!