Trusted Contributor

Anyone tried Bobbi Brown's "Blue Raspberry" Lipstick?

If anyone has had a chance to try Bobbi Brown's "Blue Raspberry" lipstick, could you please explain the color to me? It looks different in every swatch I see. I'm wondering if it's basically just a mauve. I want something pinkish not purplish. Thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone tried Bobbi Brown's ""Blue Raspberry"" Lipstick?

Regular Contributor

The photo above is pretty accurate. I have it and I really like the color. On me it is like a lighter berry shade.

Respected Contributor

I wear it almost everyday! I have read that it's BB's most universal shade. Though it's not marked as such, I think it's kind of sheer, or atleast not opaque. I have fair skin with yellow undertones and a little redness. On me, the shade does not appear purple/mauve/blue-toned at all, but rather that just-bitten pink. Kind of on the rosy side but very fresh and natural. It could be that my yellow undertones counteract the blueness if there is any. Not sure what it looks like on cool undertoned skin.
Trusted Contributor

On 2/17/2015 kathoderay said:

Kathoderay, you rock! Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

On 2/17/2015 Lillyrose said:

The photo above is pretty accurate. I have it and I really like the color. On me it is like a lighter berry shade.

Thanks, Lilly, that's what I was hoping for!

Trusted Contributor

On 2/17/2015 RachB said: I wear it almost everyday! I have read that it's BB's most universal shade. Though it's not marked as such, I think it's kind of sheer, or atleast not opaque. I have fair skin with yellow undertones and a little redness. On me, the shade does not appear purple/mauve/blue-toned at all, but rather that just-bitten pink. Kind of on the rosy side but very fresh and natural. It could be that my yellow undertones counteract the blueness if there is any. Not sure what it looks like on cool undertoned skin.

Rach, I also have fair skin so I think it should work for me. I'm totally psyched to order this stuff now. Thanks so much!

Frequent Contributor

Love the bottom three colors. They definitely say Spring. Love pinks in the Spring and Summer. When we thaw out here I am going to go check these colors out.
Contributor

It's a great shade, one of my favorites.
Super Contributor

On 2/17/2015 TuesdayTaylor said:
On 2/17/2015 kathoderay said:

Kathoderay, you rock! Thanks!

You're welcome!