Regular Contributor

Before blowdrying, what volumizing product do you apply to your towel-dried short hair?

I have tried everything. Some work, others don't. I was just wondering what you beautiful ladies use.
Contributor

Re: Before blowdrying, what volumizing product do you apply to your towel-dried short hair?

I use this product from CHI. I get mine at Ulta and it is affordable at $15.00. It's called Volume Booster and you don't need a whole lot to get a good result. Not sure what type of hair you have but mine is thick but fine and this product works really well. I have tried all of the Root Booster products and none of them give me the results this does. I also use WEN 613 Styling Moose but that is expensive. Good luck!

Respected Contributor

Re: Before blowdrying, what volumizing product do you apply to your towel-dried short hair?

I use Fructis Style De-Constructed Beach Chic Texturizing Spray. I have short, layered blonde hair and this gives me lots of body.

Honored Contributor

Regis Root Boost.

Regular Contributor

Mine is short, layered, with bangs. I read once that your hair should be 75% dry before using mousse, etc. I rarely wait to apply the stuff.
Respected Contributor

Suave has a volumizing blow dry spray that thickens your hair as you blow dry its really good

Super Contributor

Big sexy hair blow dry volumizing gel.

Respected Contributor

I use John Frieda volumizing mousse. I have a pixie cut but this mousse has been my favorite through many different hairstyles.
Honored Contributor

I have very short fine graying hair and I use Nick Chavez Yucca Shampoo and Plump'n thick leave in conditioner and I get one big blow out. I use his soft flocker to piece it out and the do lasts for 3 days, I just run my fingers through my hair to get the volume going again.

Regular Contributor

On 2/17/2015 kcladyz said:

Suave has a volumizing blow dry spray that thickens your hair as you blow dry its really good

I totally agree!! I love this stuff! It's the best I've ever used on my longish fine hair. I bought one bottle, then a week later I bought a second so I wouldn't be out. Not a bad price at around $5.00 !!!