Valued Contributor

I have the worse case of shingles..............

I had shingles about 15 years ago, pretty mild case and this is the second time and it's bad. The back of my leg is covered. This is so painful! Dr started me on anti-viral meds but since this started on Friday I may not have started the meds soon enough. I think you're suppose to start within 72 hours of the breakout.

I know this is a beauty board but needed to whine a bit. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: I have the worse case of shingles..............

I haven't had shingles but I know it's miserable. You are entitled to whine! So sorry and hope you feel better soon.
Trusted Contributor

My sympathies to you. I do not have shingles but one of friends who is not a whiner had them for SIX WEEKS on her torso and she complained about the constant pain and discomfort. I hope you fine some relief !

Contributor

So sorry. I remember when my mom got shingles and it took so long for doctor to diagnose.

I didn't know you could get it again.

Honored Contributor

Sorry you are suffering, my husband and I got the shingles vaccine and I'm so glad we did.

Respected Contributor

I've had them twice, and caught them both early, so they didn't spread. That being said, they are awful. You poor thing, I can't imagine the whole back of my leg. Prayers that they don't spread further and that you feel better soon!!!!!!
Super Contributor

I'm so sorry:-( I hope you feel better soon.

Respected Contributor

{{{Nadine}}} So Sorry.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

I know it's awful, but the chances that you will recover unscathed are very good. I took the anti-viral a bit late, too, but I still credit them with my reasonably mild case.

When you're all better, which will be soon, you might talk to your doctor about getting the vaccine. I did after my bout.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I have known several people who have had shingles and I know it's BAD. I'm planning to get the vaccine next month the next time I see my doctor for routine stuff. I checked with my new insurance and I'm 100% covered. Very glad!

So sorry you're going through it. Whine away if it helps ;-(

Life without Mexican food is no life at all