Trusted Contributor

How is Loreal Feria hair color? Also, what's your favorite box color brand?

I haven't colored my hair in years now, but lately I've been wanting a change, nothing drastic. My natural hair color is medium-dark brown and I saw a Feria color that I liked called Deep Bronze Brown (#45). Has anyone had good (or bad) experiences with this brand? The box says multi-faceted shimmering color, 3X Highlights.

Also, do you have a favorite box color brand that is your regular go-to? I don't need coverage of gray (yet!). Wink

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Contributor

Re: How is Loreal Feria hair color? Also, what's your favorite box color brand?

When I dd my own hair color, Nice & Easy was my favorite drugstore brand. I didn't care for Feria, it seemed more damaging to my hair.

Honored Contributor

The only thing I know about Feria is that several hairstylists I know and/or went to have said it is very difficult to color over Feria if someone comes in to correct an ""oops.""

Super Contributor

I've used Feria and had no problems. It takes well on my hair and lasts as long as any other brand. I have short hair and haven't had issues with damage (I do use the conditioner liberally).

Honored Contributor

Feria was fine, but didn't cover my grays as well as some. I had far fewer grays then, too. Smiley Happy

L'Oreal Excellence worked really well for me for years. If you want an ammonia-free brand, I like Revlon Colorsilk Buttercream. The Buttercream formula leaves my hair feeling better, but I've had consistency issues with colors and got hot roots twice. Excellence has ammonia and it takes a deep conditioner to recover (I'm a WEN user and don't even use shampoo, so that's a real shock to my system), but the color has always been consistent for me.

I use red/auburn shades, so I can't speak to how blonde or brunette shades work.

Trusted Contributor

I use Feria Hi lift brown (B61) and I love it...I have naturally medium brown hair with a little grey (grr!) and it works great for me! I have been dark red (never lasts long and fades out fast) and blonde (I mean platinum blonde! but that is damaging and shows the roots very quickly) and this is close enough to my natural color but with a little lift and shine...I haven't seen my natural hair color in about 2 decades (haha) and once I try growing it out with no added color, I hate the dull color and the specks of grey...You could always put a clear shine or rinse on your natural color to give you some extra pizazz if you are leery of coloring all over or perhaps some highlights by a professional stylist...Good luck and sure you will look great! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

Loreal Preference is by far my favorite hair color. I have tried Feria and it is okay...I did not like the Mousse Absolue or the ten minute hair color---of any brand. Nice and Easy is okay.

What I really like is getting the Olaplex when I go to the salon for color once a year. Great stuff.

New Contributor

I am giving another vote to Loreal Preference. I went to Feria for a few months when I wanted a more intense red color, but I was not happy with it (color did not process evenly and color did not last - I do realize red fades but this lasted I would say about a week before the fading was apparent).

With Loreal Preference, color is even and lasts longer than the Feria. When I colored my hair with the Preference after using the Feria, I got so many compliments how nice it looked.

Plus they have the Loreal Gold rewards and every 6th box is free (limit 2 a year). I always use that program.

Esteemed Contributor

My current fave is Garnier Nutrisse, but I bought the new Swartzkopf Keratin Color last weekend. I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Valued Contributor

I have been pleased with the result of Clairol Expert AgeDefy. I will be reapplying this box color next weekend in Light Golden Brown. This tends to be my default box color brand and color. The color is consistent, and the conditioner is very good. But...I have a wanderlust for a richer color, but what? I only do a full head hair color twice a year...so I'm careful.

This fall, I have a Deep Maple Brown from Luminista, a Revlon product. It is more coppery in effect and that would be appropriate for that time of year. I need to use that up.

However, I am dying to hear the result of those of you have tried the Swartzkopf hair color line and what you think of it. Anyone?