Frequent Contributor
Anyone know about the shades for the tarte TSV?...thinking of ordering, but unsure of what shade to try. I usually use fairly light in BE and it's a pretty good match.....would appreciate any input, as too pricey to be sending tags back these days!.. Thanks ladies! Smiley Wink
Respected Contributor

I am light in BE. I pre-ordered light in the Tarte TSV. It is lighter in appearance than the other light Tarte foundations that I have but looked fine on my skin. Other reviewers have said that they went up a shade.

Super Contributor
I just responded on another thread....I really wish they would take the actual foundation and show it instead of using those guides. Like nail polish, I like to see the colors swatched. I googled the kit and added swatches and clicked on musingsofamuse dot com and she swatched fair, light-medium and medium. She also swatched the shadows and blush, etc. If you want to check that site out, it might help you. Then if you need other colors swatched, you can google them as well. I think her skin tone matched the light-medium if I remember correctly! HTH!
Contributor
I just saw that Tarte has a video up on their youtube channel with all of the foundation shades swatched! It goes by a little fast, but you can pause it to see the shades better and they even swatched them on two different skin tones. I hope this helps!
Honored Contributor
On 2/13/2015 josies2012 said: I just saw that Tarte has a video up on their youtube channel with all of the foundation shades swatched! It goes by a little fast, but you can pause it to see the shades better and they even swatched them on two different skin tones. I hope this helps!

It went FAR too fast. I couldn't tell. I"m normally a light, but I think I may be a light/medium in this one. Jacque was light/medium and she's usually a light I believe. Can someone send a link they found of better swatching? Thanks

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

I thought the video posted here on the home page was pretty thorough. It does go through the shades quickly, but I paused it Smiley Happy

I'm so tempted by this TSV kit.... I don't need any more makeup!

Regular Contributor

I use the same shade in Bare minerals (fairly light). I think I'm going to try the light shade.

Super Contributor

I figured I would be a Light, and what got me was, while watching the 12am (1am Eastern) presentation, the blonde Tarte rep was presenting and said that Light was for pink undertones! They never specify so I was like yay! I have pink undertones, and thought Light would work, I thought Light-Medium would be too dark but now I'm not sure. I hate trying to figure out brand new foundation shades online. Sigh.

Respected Contributor
On 2/13/2015 ginabfly said:

I figured I would be a Light, and what got me was, while watching the 12am (1am Eastern) presentation, the blonde Tarte rep was presenting and said that Light was for pink undertones! They never specify so I was like yay! I have pink undertones, and thought Light would work, I thought Light-Medium would be too dark but now I'm not sure. I hate trying to figure out brand new foundation shades online. Sigh.

I just ordered the light. But I have yellow undertones. It's really so hard to match using pictures and the internet because you don't know about the lighting or your monitor settings. And everyone's TV tones are different, too. I guess when ordering online, you have to assume it's going to be trial and error.

Honored Contributor
On 2/13/2015 winamac1 said:
On 2/13/2015 josies2012 said: I just saw that Tarte has a video up on their youtube channel with all of the foundation shades swatched! It goes by a little fast, but you can pause it to see the shades better and they even swatched them on two different skin tones. I hope this helps!

It went FAR too fast. I couldn't tell. I"m normally a light, but I think I may be a light/medium in this one. Jacque was light/medium and she's usually a light I believe. Can someone send a link they found of better swatching? Thanks

I agree, it was too fast. Did you try pausing it? I paused it multiple times until I could identify each color. The Fair matches the model's wrist so well that it's virtually invisible, which also makes it harder. The Fair and the Light are very close and the Light does look like it has a pink undertone. It might be easier to identify the Deep and go backwards in the shades to see the Light and Fair

I wish I didn't HATE that dropper cap so much. I have it on several other Tarte products and it's really annoying because it barely grabs any product. That might work better for a foundation, but it's terrible for the maracuja oil.