Occasional Contributor

Much higher prices with the NEW S/H

I talked myself out of buying the IT Buki Brush set for Christmas, however since my birthday is next week I decided to treat myself to it tonight. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Also really excited about the new lower shipping rate. Glad I waited!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} NOT!!!!!!!! You see when I did my research, I realized that the set was $39.68 (+ $7 S/H or something this ridiculous) over the Holidays... but now it's $48 + $3 S/H. So basically, QVC raised all the prices under the guise of NEW shipping policy.

It is MORE expensive one month later. $4

Oh!! They removed the prices on the older videos so you cannot see the old prices. However I did a search in this forum and found the old prices.

http://community.qvc.com/forums/beauty-banter/topic/481348/it-buki-brushes-are-incredible.aspx

I'm going to keep the brushes because I've always wanted them. But this finalizes my whole outlook on QVC.

Additional: To be fair, I'm 2nd guessing myself, in case the lower price was the "Featured Price." However the fact that the video does not have the prices on it makes me VERY suspicious.

Super Contributor

Re: Much higher prices with the NEW S/H

I don't understand why you are so upset. This set was at an introductory price. It was stated that the price would be going up. So unfortunately you waited too long. Qvc didn't do anything wrong.

Honored Contributor

On 2/9/2015 scarlett811 said:

I don't understand why you are so upset. This set was at an introductory price. It was stated that the price would be going up. So unfortunately you waited too long. Qvc didn't do anything wrong.

Actually this isn't accurate.

According to a google search at one time, an old QVC listing, the QVC price was listed $39.50 Featured Price: $35.92.

So yes, they raised the price almost $10 from the "qvc listed price", and almost $15 from the "featured price."

Later it was offered at the price the OP stated. It is kind of confusing but aren't normally the intro prices only a few bucks less than than the QVC price, not almost $10?

Occasional Contributor

On 2/9/2015 scarlett811 said:

It's late & I'm tired ... and I too started 2nd guessing myself also (note the edit above), but then I realized that the difference between the Featured Price and Regular Price is not usually $8 on a $39.96 item. I've been shopping with QVC since the 90's... it's usually about $3. All I am saying is that QVC just added their old S/H to their original price... and then added a $3 S/H.

If it was a regular price, it should be $39.96 (featured) + $3 (regular).... then $3 S/H. About $46 not $51

Super Contributor

There were a lot of complaints on this forum that QVC's shipping was way too high, and I agreed. Now that they lowered it, and changed some shipping policies, shoppers are still complaining. I'm sure that there were a lot of people ordering the same clothing/shoes in different sizes because they were not sure which one would fit. No problem, because they get half off the shipping and possibly 'buy more and save'. Send back what you don't want and get your original shipping returned and a refund. If you think QVC didn't see what was going on, you're mistaken. Cheaper shipping and handling charges now, but no refund of shipping on returns, unless the item is defective, and no discount on it when ordering multiples of the same item. Will it make me think twice before ordering? Yes, especially clothing and shoes; items which I rarely order anyway. People won't be happy until QVC offers free shipping on all of their items, something I see never happening.

Occasional Contributor

On 2/9/2015 WSfan said:

There were a lot of complaints on this forum that QVC's shipping was way too high, and I agreed. Now that they lowered it, and changed some shipping policies, shoppers are still complaining. I'm sure that there were a lot of people ordering the same clothing/shoes in different sizes because they were not sure which one would fit. No problem, because they get half off the shipping and possibly 'buy more and save'. Send back what you don't want and get your original shipping returned and a refund. If you think QVC didn't see what was going on, you're mistaken. Cheaper shipping and handling charges now, but no refund of shipping on returns, unless the item is defective, and no discount on it when ordering multiples of the same item. Will it make me think twice before ordering? Yes, especially clothing and shoes; items which I rarely order anyway. People won't be happy until QVC offers free shipping on all of their items, something I see never happening.

All I am saying is go and look online at something you bought 3 months ago. Has the price changed DRAMATICALLY from what you originally paid for it? If you are unsure, go look at the video. You will see that none of them have an old price. Therefore you have no reference. Therefore, the new S/H may be $3... but the new cost could be $10 higher than what you paid 3 months ago.

Super Contributor

They have been very sneaky about this in my opinion. There are items I've had on my wish list or items I've actually ordered. Many of them did not have a "featured" price, just the normal price. I've checked on several only to find an increase in a normally priced item. Heck, they were just selling Ellen's Christmas candles a few weeks ago and the price had actually gone up AFTER the holidays!

Valued Contributor

I was surprised to see on the fashion show tonight that some of the items were $ 5.00 off if you ordered another one. Shipping was $ 3.00 for each of them. There still are some items that you get a discount when you order more than one.

Honored Contributor

I went back through order status and looked at some items I had purchased at full price - not TSV or any other sale price - and looked at the prices now and they are not changed. So i disagree with the OP's statement.

Honored Contributor

I buy a lot here and I went back and looked at the last 15 items I purchased and none so far had a higher price.

By raising the price on many items they can recoup the S & H they lowered though and after what they did to the food prices several years ago I'm surprised that anyone didn't expect prices to go up.