Contributor

I ordered a Laura Geller product and was charged $3.00 S&H when I cancelled it and ordered 2 of the same product I was charged $3.00each. What happened to the sec9ond product being 1/2 price for shipping?

Honored Contributor

as they stated in their announcement, they are reducing the s/h but no longer offering the s/h discount if you buy more than one.

ETA: and FYI, if you return anything, you no longer get your original shipping amount back unless it was a defective product or their error.

Super Contributor

With the new shipping fee, they are no longer offering 1/2 shipping for additional items.

Good news for me, I won't be tempted to order additional items just to see half price on shipping. I will order the one thing I am interested in whenever I decide to make the purchase. In the past I would try to time my purchases in an effort to get that half price to maximize my shipping costs.

Super Contributor

Yes---I mentioned this, too- it is NOT a good thing. AND you will no longer be refunded your original shipping charge.

I ordered my handicapped mom TWO pairs of the Clark's TSV. MaryBeth said the usual "and if you order two pair, you will save on shipping and handling"...spiel. My homebound mom is having some foot issues, so I thought I would try two different sizes. Then I saw that I was charged $5.00 shipping for EACH pair. And if I have to exchange one, I will pay the original shipping AND the new shipping AND MY shipping to send it back. WOW.

Really rethinking my shopping here.

Super Contributor

I've been trying to stop shopping at QVC for awhile now, this is a good incentive to do so. At least not to buy stuff to get it home and try it and, just return it if I don't like it. like they've pushed on us for so long.

Honored Contributor

It will totally stop in their tracks those who might buy three of something, get them home and decide which one they really want and return the other two, but it will also make shoppes totally stop and really think about the consequences of buying on QVC.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

Just bless QVC's heart. They're realizing they have to make changes in their shipping policies if they want people to continue to buy from them.......but they're trying to find ways to hang on to the profits they're accustomed to getting from S&H. Not quite "there" yet, are they? Keep trying, guys! Eventually you'll figure out that many of your competitors offer free shipping and handling, and that's what we want!

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.lol} Now GoodStuff you know they can't do free shipping and free returns!

That would cut into profits too much, and they couldn't pay their hosts $500,000 a year.

Honored Contributor

Sorry, but I'd love to find the life where everything is always good. I've been looking for a long, long time now and I keep getting a mixed life.

In the new shipping policy, it's pretty much good for me. I rarely order two of anything, order very little that I return, etc.

What almost never works for me are the companies that offer "free" if I spend $50 - I haven't shopped at Sephora for more than a decade because of that policy.

Still, I know people love it and still shop there. That's what I think will happen with QVC. There will all this talk for a while and some people will go elsewhere, but they might have been going anyway and some of us like me will continue to buy once in a while because there are still items QVC sells I can't get elsewhere or, contrary to Forum belief, can't buy elsewhere for less money for exactly what I want.

And if that doesn't happen, well, then, like other big companies that have disappeared, so will QVC.

Honored Contributor

I don't know about you people, but I'm REALLY tired of QVC thinking I'm ignorant.

So, they change the shipping to $3 but they don't refund it when I send it back. Now it still costs me more than double than that to send it back.

OK, so let's think about this. They are no longer going to discount for ordering the same product at the same time, different colors.

Let's add to that some of their things cost as much as $12 or more dollars to get to me. If I have to send it back it will cost more than $12 because the Post Office doesn't cut me a deal like they do QVC.

I lose, lose, lose..........no matter how you figure it I lose money when dealing with QVC.