Contributor

Just got the email. Many of you probably did too--

Dear Valued QVC Customer,

Every day we’re working hard to deliver more value to you—as we always have. Today is no exception. We’re excited to offer new S&H rates on most items where we charge shipping & handling for standard delivery, starting February 2, 2015.

• All apparel, beauty, and jewelry ships at $3, regardless of price or weight.
  • Most items under $50 and less than 1 lb ship at $3.
  • Most other items under $100 and 1 lb or more ship at $5 or $7.
  • Items $100 or more ship at existing S&H rates; however, many of these include S&H or offer free S&H.

As part of this change, we will no longer discount S&H when you buy two or more items in the same order, but our new S&H rates will benefit you in many cases.

In addition, we will continue to refund original S&H on returns if an item is defective or we made an error; however, effective with orders placed on or after February 17, 2015, if you return the item for any other reason, we will no longer refund the original S&H.

We sincerely thank you for shopping with us, and hope this makes your shopping experience at QVC even better.

Sincerely,

Lisa Norden
VP, Customer Service and Experience

Trusted Contributor

Not a fan of QVC no longer refunding original S&H. While I don't return a great deal, this is definitely going to make me think twice before ordering much from them going forward.

Occasional Contributor

I actually think this is great! Most companies don't refund original S&H. $3 S&H is nothing nowadays!

Honored Contributor
On 2/2/2015 12andcounting said:

Not a fan of QVC no longer refunding original S&H. While I don't return a great deal, this is definitely going to make me think twice before ordering much from them going forward.

Is this what they said? I thought it was exactly the opposite.

Regular Contributor

I agree that I will be thinking twice about purchasing certain items. There will be a few items that will cost more than $10 for shipping (ex: A256191). So that means it will cost me over $10 to return....PLUS I will lose the $11.47 which is the original shipping from QVC. I will be out over $21 total just to return the bag. That sounds outrageous!

Honored Contributor

I just called Customer Service and the representative said the QVC return labels of $6.95, $8.95 and $10.95 (depending on the size/value/weight of the package/box) will remain the same. So, e.g., if you buy a sweater for $3 shipping and it does not fit, if you use the $6.95 QVC return label then that amount plus the original $3 in shipping will be deducted from your return credit ($9.95 for a sweater). Guess I won't be buying sweaters AND other things, if you know what I mean. Part of what I liked about QVC was that they refunded your original S&H because you can't try things on or see the item in person before purchasing. As a longtime QVC customer, I will aim to shop elsewhere. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Honored Contributor
On 2/2/2015 millieshops said:
On 2/2/2015 12andcounting said:

Is this what they said? I thought it was exactly the opposite.

Unless the item is defective or in some way QVC's error, original shipping cost will not be returned. I see items like Temptations (which are very heavy) still have regular shipping costs which can run up to almost $20. or maybe more. I also notice in the last week or so a lot of items have gone up in price $4.00 or more.

Frequent Contributor

I was excited to read the news...until I got to the end. Q has a long way to go to match policies that are in place with other big box retailers. With careful shopping I can often get free shipping with my favorite brick and mortar stores and, if clothing items don't fit I can return them to the store in person. Clothing sizing is so inconsistent, even within a brand and sometimes in duplicate garments of the same size/different color, that I am very reluctant to continue ordering clothes from the Q. Who in their right mind would want to pay for the "privilege" of trying on clothes that unfortunately do not fit? Pay to ship it to you and pay to send it back and have nothing to show for it? Nope, not for me. Hello, big box clothing retailers...I'm B-A-C-K....!

As a shopper with 25 years of shopping experience with QVC I think this is a major swing and a miss.

Honored Contributor

I mentioned on another thread...Not returning original S/H will totally deter me from trying new beauty products.

I will lose double just to find out that it does nothing for my skin..or...that the color doesn't work well w/ my completion? Or that the mascara is indeed clumpy? LOL

How can you possibly expect us to even TRY a fragrance now sold on TV that you don't receive your original shipping back?

At other beauty sites you get free shipping on orders over $25-$50 or so. So if I return something I don't like...I only lose one way shipping.

Now w/ Q new policy...I lose twice.

I won't chance it!! I guess I have until Feb. 16th to try anything 'new' I am interested in!

Respected Contributor

So glad that they are reducing charges but disappointed that they won't refund shipping when it is a return. I rarely return anything but I better make sure that I really want the item before I make a purchase.