Super Contributor

Please recommend a MOISTURIZING SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER that won't weigh my fine hair down

My hair is fine, wavy and dry.

Also natural blonde but colored and highlighted so my hair needs moisture.

But my hair gets weighed down easily also so it is tricky.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

I am open to salon or drugstore brands.

Right now, I would prefer drugstore because my budget is super tight but I like hearing all suggestions.

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Please recommend a MOISTURIZING SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER that won't weigh my fine hair down

I have baby fine hair as well. I like to use Pert because for one thing the conditioner is included so it is one less step - plus the conditioner is light, which is better for my hair. My hair is not color treated, and I do not feel that Pert weighs it down like conditioner that is separate does.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please recommend a MOISTURIZING SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER that won't weigh my fine hair down

I do not have fine hair, but I have never had as bouncy and lively hair, thus very moisturized, than with Carol's Daughter Cupuacu. It is supposed to be for smoothing hair, and yes, it does do that. It's the best thing I've been able to use consistently with consistently excellent results.

And it's the first time I can extend the days between hair washes where my hair does not feel all dried out or flat & dull & weighted down. (When I'm out walking in the cold I wear two hats, and my hair is still unbelievable after those hats!) Smiley Happy

You may be able to get that line at Target, but I'm not sure.

Super Contributor

I cannot imagine not using a conditioner after washing.

I think my hair would be soooo dry.

I have never tried any Carol's daughter products. and I have never heard of that particular CD product. I will have to do some research on it. Going longer between washings would be awesome too. consistent would be nice too!

Esteemed Contributor

I use a quality shampoo and condition from Beauty Brands -- but have you tried this? In the shower, wet hair -- condition -- rinse -- shampoo -- rinse -- condition again -- rinse.

My stylist told me about this a while ago because I have fine hair, but a lot of it. Droops in summer and gets static-y in the winter. Otherwise good hair. I also read this process recently on the Q thread, which reminded me to try it.

My hair responds so well to this process. I no longer wash my hair daily and hair looks great on Day 2 with this process.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Regular Contributor

I have very fine hair and I'm using Suave Moroccan Infusion shampoo and conditioner. They moisturize VERY well without weighing down my fine hair. I love them! I'm on my second bottles of both, and I always reach for these in my shower.. even when I have many brands/types of shampoos and conditioners.

Super Contributor

I have never heard of the condition- shampoo-condition method and i will try it. thanks

I have been hearing good things about the Suave moroccon shampoo and conditioner and the price is right on that one!

Trusted Contributor

On 1/31/2015 GmaJewele said:

I have very fine hair and I'm using Suave Moroccan Infusion shampoo and conditioner. They moisturize VERY well without weighing down my fine hair. I love them! I'm on my second bottles of both, and I always reach for these in my shower.. even when I have many brands/types of shampoos and conditioners.

This is my favorite as well, and I also have fine hair.

Honored Contributor

On 1/31/2015 ury said:

I use a quality shampoo and condition from Beauty Brands -- but have you tried this? In the shower, wet hair -- condition -- rinse -- shampoo -- rinse -- condition again -- rinse.

My stylist told me about this a while ago because I have fine hair, but a lot of it. Droops in summer and gets static-y in the winter. Otherwise good hair. I also read this process recently on the Q thread, which reminded me to try it.

My hair responds so well to this process. I no longer wash my hair daily and hair looks great on Day 2 with this process.

So you are just conditioning before your normal shampoo/conditioning. I may try that. I have very fine hair and really like Suave Morrocan , Suave Argon, and Suave Almond and Shea Butter. I find all of these are good with outweighing down my hair.
Respected Contributor

If I were you, I would do the Suave Oil shampoos that are out there or try Shea Moisture at WalGreens or Target. WalGreens has it BOGO often and they have several moisture varieties plus extra moisture masks and things for you to use as well. The Suave is getting great reviews or the Dove Oxygen ones. I have super fine, super thick, straight hair, so I don't use conditioner but do use the Thickening shampoo from Shea Moisture as a great volumizer for my hair. Shea Moisture is free of all those horrible things in hair care products and no animal testing. Plus, they smell awesome. They also have soaps, body washes and lotions/shea butters. I love them all for my eczema. I really love their raw shea butter baby products. They have frankincense and myrrh that smells wonderful.