Honored Contributor

60's Ladies (+/-)..............Please Join Us For February!!

photo 66538602-A71E-497D-8BA0-7CEFD40AC3A2_zps5kgvlthv.jpg
~H~
Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies (+/-)..............Please Join Us For February!!

Welcome Friends.....Old and New!

This was just too cute!!

~H~
Respected Contributor

Found it!
Respected Contributor

ahhhh February. the month that I will be faced with a 2 pound Whitman's sampler box. I hope the WW fairies will be with me. I've told DH "no candy this year"...but it's a tradition ( and a long story about the one year early in our marriage that he and his brother didn't get me and my sister-in-law anything and had to deal with tears and hurt feelings). after that epic incident he swore that no matter what, I will always have a 2 lb. Whitman's sampler.

later, y'all.

edited to add: thank you for starting the February thread, Helen. love the little Snoopy.

p.s. if you haven't taken a look at the eaglet lately, you really should. I'll bet he's doubled in size since you saw him last.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Trusted Contributor

Happy February

Honored Contributor

Good Evening, Ladies.

Helen, You are right on top of things. Happy February. I never thought of buying artist's brushes. are the bristles soft? I ended up stopping at another Target and found the fan brush by Sonia K. for $7.99. Sure beats $30 TO $70. That's insane to pay that much. It's a brush!

We are getting snow tonight and tomorrow. 3 to 5 in. tonight and 5 in. to 8 in. on Sunday. Winter is back. I love it. I don't love cleaning off my car. However, I an staying in tomorrow.

Happy February, Ladies.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

hi ladies and happy FEB to all!

at least this month i remembered to look for a new thread! lol.

kat, before i forget, i wanted to ask you to clarify about the fan brush that you mentioned. i thought you said that it was good for applying a finishing powder, but i was muddy on your explanation of why. reason i ask is because somehow i ended up with one in my brush arsenol, and i am never sure exacctly what it is for and/or how to use it. can you clarify for me?

well, my news is that bf has come down with a big case of FLU. even after the flu shot. i convinced him (with much arguing) to go to the doc yesterday (since he JUST came down with it) thinking that he could get some antiviral. (which he did ... thank you very much). and poor thing was so pooped out after sitting in doc office for two hours that he did not have the strength to go get script. so off i went, and i delivered it to his screened porch, since i do not want ANY contact till he is better. he sounds really sick, but i am keeping tabs on him as far as liquids and nutrition. doc did tell him to go to the hospital if things do not get better. bf is 71 and i DO NOT want him going near a hospital if it can be avoided. anyway, last night he sounded a little better, and i am hoping that antiviral is helping.

so last night i had a little mini-reunion with some very old and very dear friends from my time in the adirondacks. they are all snowbirding here for a month or two, and we met at a really nice restaurant in siesta key, which is in the sarasota area. it was not too much fun going without bf, but it was SO NICE to see them again. they all seem to have landed in the same little area down there, so any visiting that is to be done, i will have to drive down for. they are a little over an hour south of me.

not at all sure what today will hold for me. i must admit, i am a little lost without bf. i did not have any high hopes of watching the superbowl because of all the deflate-gate stuff. i came away from that thing thinking that they are all liars and cheaters. my enthusiasm for football lost its luster. it's hard for me to gather any 'rally' for liars. so after all of that .... maybe i will watch a little of it, ... maybe not. but i am sad that they took my 'go-team-go' away from me.

thanks, helen ... (again) for starting us up for february .... and for the really appropriate february pics!

mocha, wondering if dh made it back from deer camp?

it's a little late now, but i probably should have looked back at yesterday's thread before jumping into today's (new month) thread. sorry about that.

hoping you all have a wonderful sunday

warm wishes and hugs for all ...

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

Normally, I'm at church at this time on a Sunday, but we had weather advisories scrolling on TV because of the snow so I'm having a good time out on the boards. I found some recipes of David's and copied a few that I want to try.

Honored Contributor

<h4>Helen47, thank you for starting the February thread.</h4>
Honored Contributor

OMG! It has been snowing since late last night and it is a winter wonderland outside (like the picture Mocha gave us). There is over 6 in. of snow and it is still snowing. I can no longer see the bushes across the way. I have to admit it is so beautiful. The trees are full of snow. Hopefully, this is cleared out by tomorrow but not sure.

Have a wonderful Sunday, ladies. Stay warm.

kindness is strength