Super Contributor

Review of BE Complexion Rescue

Used this for the first & last time today. I got it in The Vanilla shade. It looked good after I put it on but if you are looking for even medium coverage this is not for you. The coverage is light at best. Went about my day & about 3PM looked in the mirror & my face was so shiny! Not dewey- shiny. It also looked like it had darkened by at least a shade. Couldn't wait to get it off. It goes back ASAP.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Review of BE Complexion Rescue

I on the other hand am completely in love with this stuff!!!! I don't necessarily need heavy full coverage foundation and find this does the job plus it leaves my skin hydrated and dewy looking and it doesn't settle in my fine lines! Finished with a little mineral veil and out the door I go!
Regular Contributor

I just got this and I really like it as well. No, it's not quite medium coverage, but it's like your skin but better. For me it gave me a healthy look. And with a little mineral veil I was good to go.

Valued Contributor

NeNe, I had the same experience. Was given a free sample of it. Used a very small bit and it seemed nice for an hour or so, but then I looked in the mirror and my entire face looked crazy shiny, not "dewey." Ick! Into the trash the sample went.

Trusted Contributor

I'm planning to get this when and if it comes in a TSV kit with other goodies. I just can't spend the $45 on this wi the brush knowing that I already have a sheer tinted moisturizer that I love (Andalou Organics BB). But if it ever shows up with a brush, veil and some other BE goodies in a TSV, I'll try it.
Super Contributor

I want to try the new Clinique Superprimer instead---lots of great reviews on YOUTUBE.

Super Contributor

I tried this yesterday, and I had the same problem -- no coverage, and a shiny face within three hours. Six hours in, I started smelling a funky smell, kind of like stale sweat (which definitely wasn't me). As soon as I removed it, the small disappeared. I'll give it one more chance tomorrow, and if the result is the same, back it goes.

Esteemed Contributor

Complexion Rescue feels divine. The coverage is light and weightless on the face. However, I my skintone was somewhere between shades 7 and 8 (with 7 looking a tad ashy and 8 too red), so there was not a good color match for me. This is nothing new, as I always am left out from being able to use BE foundations for this reason.

Valued Contributor

I too found it to look shiny as well as the color match wasn't that great.

Respected Contributor

Bought this at Ulta yesterday.  Going back.  I liked no silicone and parabens and with spf.  I got natural (light medium yellow complexion to medium complexion).  The color match was okay but applied with some mineral veil and it was greasy looking with pores looking like craters.  I used to have oily skin and now it is combination.  I hate the dry cakey look but the greasy look is just as bad. Never can get the right look.