Super Contributor

Question About Foreign Skin Care Products

First of all, did you know that you can purchase Retin A (tretinoin) on eBay? I have a friend who told me this. It comes in all strengths, and she said it works great. It can be purchased from either the United Kingdom, Australia, or Thailand. The price is extremely low.The shipping is very low also...even free from Thailand.

My friend told me that she uses QV cream to moisturize her face during the day and that it is fantastic. She buys that online also from either eBay or Amazon. It also comes in a flareup cream, a hand cream, or an intensive ointment. It can come from either Great Britain or Australia. It is very reasonable, and the postage on it is reasonable also...especially if you buy more than one tube at a time. I'm wondering if anyone has used this cream before? Thanks!

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Respected Contributor

Re: Question About Foreign Skin Care Products

What exactly is QV cream and what is in it?

Super Contributor

BellaCarro, here is what I found online. This is for the regular face cream formula:

QV Cream

Highly concentrated moisturising cream for dry skin.
This rich, protective cream replenishes the skin and helps repair dry areas. It contains squalene, a natural component found in the skin’s oil. Areas prone to dryness like the elbows, knees and hands will just love what QV Cream can do to help.

Benefits
• Recommended for moisturising dry skin.
• Helps to seal in natural moisture by acting as a protective barrier.
• Helps protect against dryness.
• pH 6, low-irritant formulation, free from fragrance, colour, lanolin and propylene glycol.
• Suitable for skin conditions such as dry, scaly skin, winter it*ch, ic*thyosis, xerosis, dermatitis. For the relief of symptoms of atopic eczema and psoriasis.
• Suitable for sensitive skin.
• Suitable for infants and the elderly.

Ingredients

Aqua (Water), Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Cetearyl Alcohol, Squalane, Dimethicone, Ceteth-20, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Stearic Acid, Laureth-3, Glyceryl Stearate, Methylparaben, Dichlorobenzyl Alcohol

Respected Contributor

Madisson, IMO, the only great thing in there is squalane. Paraffinum liquidum is mineral oil and first ingredient after water, closely followed by petroleum jelly. The formula, to me, looks like water and petroleum based ingredients with a whole lot of emulsifier and a little bit of squalane. Somehow I doubt the squalane here is plant based. I don't really see why dimethicone is needed to add slip either. I'd think there'd be quite a bit of slip already! This would be a really easy pass for me.
Super Contributor

Oops, I goofed BellaCarro. I spoke to my friend this morning, and what she uses is QV Face cream with SPF 30. I'm not going to order it afterall. I'll get my Retin A online, but I'll buy my moisturizer right here in the U.S.

Trusted Contributor

I buy Retin-A tretinoin at Tara Skincare (tarasc.com). They sell .025% & .050% runs about $29, you do not need a prescription and their shipping is free. They sell Careprost too.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Contributor

Hi...

I actually live in Bangkok Thailand now, but am presently in the states now with family...I will have to look for this QV cream when I return...

Yes, it is easy to purchase Retin-A in Thailand without a script...I only use retinol right now though...

You can walk in to all pharmacies and purchase Retin-A, Antibiotics and quite a few other things you would have to have a script for here...Although oddly enough you need a script for Vitamin D3...It is so different in that way....

Ty for the info...The QV cream sounds wonderful...