Contributor
What are your thoughts on the Clarisonic SMART TSV? Do we need to upgrade our old ones since this is new technology? Cleans 11 percent better than the original ??
Respected Contributor
11%? Firstly, that's not much and also, how exactly is that measured? Sounds like a marketing ploy, IMO.
Trusted Contributor

According to Jane, your life will improve if you get one. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Super Contributor
I have watched several presentations and I will be upgrading, can't wait to receive it!!!!
Super Contributor

I think they've flooded the market and now have to bring in something sort of improved. What's with the foot attachment? Didn't they sell a device for feet as a TSV not too long ago?

Super Contributor

Let me first state that I don't own a Clarisonic, and trying to find out if it's worth spending $250 + S&H + tax for someone who doesn't have problem skin any longer. Secondly, as QVC was pushing these in a different model during the holiday season, I would be more than a little mad if I had purchased or received one as a gift, and just a month after Christmas, they come out with a brand new model that combines all the other models that they have sold previously. The hosts then have the audacity to tell viewers to give away to other family members/friends (after purchasing new brushes, of course) or donate the model that they have now, and purchase this one. I have been around long enough to realize that this is a sales tactic. I have been looking online, but can find nothing from dermatologists that says these are really necessary for clean skin. I also don't understand why the brushes have to be replaced every 3 months, at approximately $30 a pop. Really not sold on this product.

Valued Contributor
I tried it, a $99 TSV model. It was last year with the extended return policy. I used it 3 months and saw no improvement whatsoever. I would not fork over $250 for this model. I'd wait for a cheaper one. If you are already using good cleansers I see no need for it. For the price of a brush head alone you can buy a bottle of purity or take off the day.
Honored Contributor
On 1/31/2015 gonnab said:

According to Jane, your life will improve if you get one. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

wow who knew it was soooo easy to improve one's life?? {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Honored Contributor
On 1/31/2015 BellaCarro said: 11%? Firstly, that's not much and also, how exactly is that measured? Sounds like a marketing ploy, IMO.

yup, on all accounts! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Frequent Contributor
What they said was it is "11 times (11x) better, not 11%. Also, I'm sure the TSV being on the last day they will take holiday gifts back was well planned. They don't want all those Mia's back from people upgrading. Smart business move -- lousy customer service. I'm sure they plan WELL ahead for TSVs and probably wanted to move out stock of the old models.