Contributor

Help with vertical lip lines

Hello everyone: I am trying to find out what everyone uses & has had luck with for their vertical lip lines. I have been the Philosophy eye & lip cream for about 2 months & have no improvement at all.

Has anyone tried the one by M.Asam? I did a search for some ideas but did not find too many & not very good reveiws on the ones I did find. I don't expect them to go away completely but would like a little improvement. I will be 60 in a few weeks & they are getting worse - I won't even put lipstick on anymore. I use a colorless lipliner first but that is not helping at all.

Thanks in advance - have a great week-end!!!

Denise in PA {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Help with vertical lip lines

I don't know deep your vertical lines are or if you're open to treatments rather than skincare, but when I started using Retin A, mine went away. Like really gone. If lines are deeper, there's been great data about using lasers as a treatment.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

Phil Hope in a Tube is glorified mineral oil and petroleum, worhtless!!! Try something like Skinn Lip Stem Sejen, Isomers Expression Line Tamer or Skinn Deep Line Eraser.

Honored Contributor

I use Retin-A and Skinn Lip Stem Rejen.

Trusted Contributor

If the lines are very deep and noticeable, I'd recommend you see a dermatologist. It may be that nonsurgical treatments like lasers or fillers can be helpful.

Super Contributor

nothing has worked on mine.

i have used retin a but i have a hard time using it for long periods of time because my skin is so sensitive.

Esteemed Contributor

IMO, there is no topical application that will rid anyone of the vertical lip lines. I finally had juvederm injections with great results.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Valued Contributor

Here are some things I have found that help.. SKINN Dermappeal to exoliate the lip line areas. Do it frequently. Use cleansers that don't dry or prune the skin. SSC's Glycolic Peel - I put this on at least every other night before my other products. Leave it on all night. Other products that have helped are Bare Minerals Multi-Wrinkle Repair, SKINN 24-Hr Youth Preservation cream/balm, Korres Sleeping Facial. SKINN Enriched Softening Essence. I'm not suggesting that you buy all of these products but they are the ones that I have created an am/pm routine with that do help my lip lines & I have not found just 1 product that will do that. HTH
Super Contributor

At night, I use the inexpensive ELF lip exfoliator followed by lip balm. During the day, I use Jack Black's lip blam with spf under lipstick--- after lining with the No More Bleeding Lip liner sold at Sephora.

Valued Contributor

On 1/30/2015 twopeas said:

IMO, there is no topical application that will rid anyone of the vertical lip lines. I finally had juvederm injections with great results.

I agree with twopeas. If there was a topical that got rid of those lines you'd better believe we would all know about it and we would have run out to buy it. I think keeping this area moisturizer helps and don't drink anything using a straw. I, like twopeas, have had Juvederm, and a little Botox, and had great results as well.