Super Contributor

Are there any eyeshadow palettes with all (or mostly) light colors?

It seems like most palettes only have one or two light colors, which is all I wear. I'm hoping to find one with only light colors and preferably not all matte. Does anyone know of any? Thanks
Respected Contributor

Re: Are there any eyeshadow palettes with all (or mostly) light colors?

I bet you will see some more towards spring/summer palettes. I also love lighter pastel colors.

Contributor

There are the Urban Decay naked palettes. They are neutrals, but all beautiful, high quality shadows, and you can maybe layer them on top of a too dark color to lighten it up. I think Mally has a nude shadow set as well. You may even find them at the drugstore, they are pretty popular right now. I love the monochromatic look, bought the cheaper ones to play with, then went on to Urban Decay. Good luck in your search!
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure what you mean by 'light colors,' which is subjective. I know I just saw some Revlon palettes the other day that had many options with neutral shades on the lighter side. The Urban Decay Naked Basics is fantastic and 4 of the 6 colors are light shades. The first shade has a very subtle sheen, but the rest are all matte. Most palettes are going to have at least one dark or shimmery color to provide contrast and dimension.

Honored Contributor

Check out the Skinn Fairy Tale palette on ShopHQ. You might also find it on eBay for less $$ This palette came in a kit I recently purchased. The colors were light, but had shimmer in them. At this point in my life I prefer matte, but it sounds like it might be just what you're looking for.

Respected Contributor

On 1/30/2015 ChynnaBlue said:

I'm not sure what you mean by 'light colors,' which is subjective. I know I just saw some Revlon palettes the other day that had many options with neutral shades on the lighter side. The Urban Decay Naked Basics is fantastic and 4 of the 6 colors are light shades. The first shade has a very subtle sheen, but the rest are all matte. Most palettes are going to have at least one dark or shimmery color to provide contrast and dimension.

NYX has one like this too. I like to wear light eye shadow and the reason I only have one palette. I think buying a few single shadows in colors that I love is the best option for me.

THE NATURAL SHADOW PALETTE

Honored Contributor

Go to Stila Cosmetics website and under Makeup - Get the Look - Phased out Favorites. There are several eye shadow palettes on sale that offer a lot of light shades that are on sale plus if you sign up for email you will receive 20% off. Stila makes wonderful eye shadows/shades.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

On 1/30/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Check out the Skinn Fairy Tale palette on ShopHQ. You might also find it on eBay for less $$ This palette came in a kit I recently purchased. The colors were light, but had shimmer in them. At this point in my life I prefer matte, but it sounds like it might be just what you're looking for.

JLF, I did see it on eBay. It's nice, but it has a a few rather quirky shades. An even better option for the OP might be his "Desert Glimmer" palette. It has mostly light, mostly neutral shades, with ten shimmers and two mattes. I just purchased it on eBay for $11 and change:

Skinn-Cosmetics-Luxe-Premier-Eyeshadows-in-Desert-Glimmer-12-colors

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

IT has one called Pretty In Nudes A218087

Honored Contributor

The new Ulta magazine came showing new eye shadow pallets, and there's a new one from Mally that's light colors and pastels, pretty.

The Ulta sale price is $38, regularly $50.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices