Frequent Contributor

Watching HSN Too Faced...no Toxins in products???? Not

How do most of the Beauty Lines get away with bragging about all of the ingredients are so great.... Antioxidants...Coco Powder etc...when their products are loaded with Toxins etc???
Honored Contributor

Re: Watching HSN Too Faced...no Toxins in products???? Not

They always get away with saying things that aren't true. They've been saying no shimmer in their eyeshadows in this palette even though there clearly is shimmery shades. And many skincare companies will say it erases wrinkles, which is not possible. You can lessen them but you can't erase wrinkles with simple skincare. So many exaggerations and flat out lies from so many of them.

But with that said, what one person considers a toxin may not truly be a toxin, scientifically/biologically speaking. I have no idea though as you did not state what ingredient(s) you are calling a toxin(s).

Frequent Contributor

Funny you mentioned the shimmer. I heard the woman presenting it say they aren't shimmer shades, but they have a sheen... It made me laugh, but I do like the colors!
Respected Contributor

What ingredients in Too Faced products do you consider toxins?

Honored Contributor

I once heard josie maran say how pure her argan milk is-'just pure argan oil, nothing else'. then, what's this, josie?

Argan Milk INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water) (and) Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil (and) Propanediol
(and) Glyceryl Caprylate (and) Glyceryl Undecylenate (and) Phosphatidylglycerol (and) Sodium
Benzoate (and) Xanthan Gum (and) Citric Acid.
Information provided by Josie Maran Cosmetics, LLC.

Honored Contributor

Odd man out here, but I tend to be more frustrated when companies imply or flat-out state that their competitors' products are full of toxic ingredients.

I know of no currently proven harmful or poisonous ingredients in skincare or cosmetics.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

mercola on sodium lauryl sulfate (sls):

Mercola.com reports that SLS and SLES are often contaminated with 1,4 dioxane, a byproduct of the manufacturing process that is "possibly carcinogenic to humans" and may also cause negatives effects in the kidneys, liver and central nervous system, according to the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.

then there's propylene glycol, triethanolamine, urea, not to mention mercury in some mascaras and lead in some lipsticks. tip of the iceberg, actually.

Regular Contributor

I really wanted to like Too Faced products as I love their packaging. But I tried their foundation, bronzer, and eyeshadow and NOTHING worked for me. The only thing I kept was their kabuki brush.

Honored Contributor

On 1/29/2015 Judaline said:

mercola on sodium lauryl sulfate (sls):

Mercola.com reports that SLS and SLES are often contaminated with 1,4 dioxane, a byproduct of the manufacturing process that is "possibly carcinogenic to humans" and may also cause negatives effects in the kidneys, liver and central nervous system, according to the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.

then there's propylene glycol, triethanolamine, urea, not to mention mercury in some mascaras and lead in some lipsticks. tip of the iceberg, actually.

Mercola has a definite bias and agenda.

IMO, there may be some questions about a few ingredients. That's why you see the words "may be" or "possibly" used so often, but there aren't conclusive scientific data to support the contentions.

So that's the reason I don't like the throwing around of the word "toxins" or "toxic," which means poisonous or harmful, especially when it's used as a sales schtick.

I feel safe buying skin care and cosmetics; I do try to avoid irritants, so I tend to shy away from many of the so-called "natural" products, but that's a different issue.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

The health and beauty industries are totally unregulated. It is consumer beware!