Valued Contributor

What/How do you do to encourage drinking more water?

uuggghhhh I can't stand plain ole water, I know I need plenty of it but it's so blah. How can I get myself to drink more of this blah beverage? What are your tricks to downing this stuff? {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Honored Contributor

Re: What/How do you do to encourage drinking more water?

I enjoy water Smiley Happy I like putting a few squirts of lemon in it or orange or lime. (from the raw fruit) Yummy!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

I keep a Brita pitcher of water in the fridge. Love drinking cold water; it's all I drink except for coffee. Don't know what could encourage you to drink more. If you like soft drinks, look up how much sugar is in each serving. This should dissuade anyone.

Valued Contributor

No I don't like soft drinks of any kind, I mainly drink coffee, tea or milk, once in a while a glass of orange juice. That's about it. CherryHugs that's a cute name.

Valued Contributor

I buy purified Hinckley brand water and squeeze fresh lemon in it. That brand of water actually tastes good to me, otherwise I would be struggling to drink a lot of water.

Honored Contributor

Exactly what are you expecting from a glass of water. It's cold and refreshing - what more do you need?

Esteemed Contributor

I used to drink a lot of milk along with dinner. I quit that a few years ago when I realized how many calories were in 2% milk. Now I drink ice water at dinner, and it tastes so good with food.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I had a hard time drinking enough water so I started adding crystal light or one of the other flavored mixes with my bottles of water and now I drink lots of water that way. I know plain water is healthier, but I never could drink enough of it plain.
Contributor

I like to brew my favourite fruity teas at night, put them in a large jug or bottles for on the go, and then put them in the fridge so they are chilled and ready by morning, refreshing and not as blah as water all the time.

Honored Contributor

Perhaps if you bought a reverse osmosis system or really good filter to start with. I find much tap and bottled water to be less than desirable, and really good filtering is a great start.

For me, I like my water icy cold. Might that help you as well? Try making your ice with the filtered water only too, as if not, it kind of makes the good water taste bad.

If you enjoy a twist of lime or lemon in it, that sometimes breaks up the plainness of the taste.

I find that with most foods, I now prefer drinking water with. Occasionally, like with pizza, a soda tastes good, but I have gotten used to and actually prefer water most of the time now, and nothing, in my opinion quenches thirst better than water.

Good luck on your quest to drink more water, and let us know if you find something that helps you out.