Honored Contributor

Am I the only one not a fan?

Am I the only one not a fan of all the changes to the shopping channels. Like many of the shows having more than one host, some shows having more than 2, all the talking over each other, all of the banter that is supposed to be cool I guess, but to me is annoying!!

Many of the new show hosts to me are just annoying too and I have stopped watching!! Is it just me or does anyone else feel this way? I used to really like the shopping channels and watching especially in the evening. Anymore though I have watched less than I ever have.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Re: Am I the only one not a fan?

Lately, there seems to be a lot talking over each other / at the same time. It's incredibly annoying, if you can even make out what they're saying. No idea why producers don't have a sharp word with the offenders. It's just sloppy.

Super Contributor

I think the Q has been under transition since the new management and frankly, has not yet found its sweet spot. And with Lisa R's departure, this has left a programming void, whether one liked her or not.

I believe they are experimenting. I particularly don't enjoy a double host program; I agree that the cadence is all off. The hosts speak over each other and it lends to too much banter about.....nothing, IMHO.

There are a few vendors that I tune in to for product interest, and I just plain like watching Alberti no matter what he is hosting. I think the Q has a gem there.

Too much silliness and not enough diversity in product and fashion. Perhaps we will see a change soon....

Regular Contributor

Funny you should bring this up! I don't watch much TV, I tend to watch the video replays of any product I may be interested in and leave it at that. That being said, I did watch the Mally Beauty show on Tues (I think) that Albany hosted- it was like they were having a party! They were funny and even the models were laughing. I enjoyed watching, but thought that it was starting to get a little over the top and Albany got a touch annoying by kissing her mirror. Comparing it to how professional some of the old hosts use to be when I saw my first Q beauty show years ago- it did strike me that things are a bit out of control. I liken it to everything else we are seeing in our culture today-the "hey look at me" crowd. This stuff I think appeals to the selfie-snapping generation. That is NOT me, I like information and substance over drama and flair- but the bottom line is that no producer is going to say or do anything if the products are selling with this kind of approach. Sadly, I think we will only see more of this, and less of what use to be more "infomercial" presentations.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/29/2015 CherryHugs said:

Am I the only one not a fan of all the changes to the shopping channels. Like many of the shows having more than one host, some shows having more than 2, all the talking over each other, all of the banter that is supposed to be cool I guess, but to me is annoying!!

I completely agree! I have been with them since 1987. So, of course, I have seen changes! I long for the good old days when there was one host, all alone, describing the item.

It seems that every host has to have a vendor/rep with them for every product. They are never alone! I feel the hosts can do a fine job on their own. That is what they are paid for. Then there are the shows that have 2 hosts....and maybe the vendor, too. Too much! Let the host present alone! No one talks over one another or competes for attention.

Esteemed Contributor

I tune in passing by to other programs. But I don't really watch the shopping channels anymore. They are in the business of selling and it is rather funny to me that the hosts just love love love the product and encourage us to buy buy buy and the products actually compete with each other as in make up or hair care or health and they are all the latest and greatest (FOR THAT SEGMENT ONLY OF COURSE UNTIL ANOTHER PRODUCT COMES ALONG).

Honored Contributor

Yes you are

Trusted Contributor

I totally agree with the OP. And there are very few hosts on QVC that I enjoy now.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like the whole seeing posts on Facebook, or whatever it is, on the big screen that they will do on the AM style shows. It wastes time and seems pointless, other than a way for some shopper to get their name, photo and comments on TV. It's not that I don't care about other people, but I don't really care (if you know what I mean.) I am sure it is just another way for the hosts to "relate" to their viewers, but I think it is dumb.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I don't care what they do since I don't watch them. I do channel surf to see what's on sometimes & checkout certain shows when I know something will be on that I'm interested in.