Contributor

IT Cosmetics CC cream compact vs. tube??

I know this has been addressed before but I can't find the thread. I have the new CC cream compact and I love the CC cream but hate the compact and I think the color is too dark for me. I am ordering the tube and I need to know if the color of the product is the same in both the compact and tube. I am using "light" in the compact and I need to go with "fair" if it is the same for those of you that have used both. Thanks!

Valued Contributor

Re: IT Cosmetics CC cream compact vs. tube??

Yes, the shades are identical.

Super Contributor

I have medium in both and they are the same. I do definitely prefer the product in a tube though rather than the compact - a LOT more product for the $. The compact is a novelty and would be more useable if it could be refilled so I won't repurchase it in that configuration - only in tube form.

Super Contributor

Be sure you save your light shade in the compact. You might need to mix them, the fair is much lighter than the light.

Regular Contributor

On 1/29/2015 dal said:

I have medium in both and they are the same. I do definitely prefer the product in a tube though rather than the compact - a LOT more product for the $. The compact is a novelty and would be more useable if it could be refilled so I won't repurchase it in that configuration - only in tube form.

There is a youtuber who demonstrates how to open the compact. It's not intended to be done that way, obviously, so it takes a little work. I figure once it's empty, I'll have to throw it away anyway if it can't be refilled, so I've got nothing to lose by opening it up, even if I break it. Easy come, easy go!

Super Contributor

This is exactly how I feel. I absolutely love the cc cream in the tube. The new compact in the medium was much darker for me. I had to send it back. Glad we still have the choice of both
Contributor

Thanks for the info! I will definitely keep the darker in case I have to mix. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

On 1/29/2015 haleypie said:
On 1/29/2015 dal said:

There is a youtuber who demonstrates how to open the compact. It's not intended to be done that way, obviously, so it takes a little work. I figure once it's empty, I'll have to throw it away anyway if it can't be refilled, so I've got nothing to lose by opening it up, even if I break it. Easy come, easy go!

Oh thanks for that - I'll have to look it up!! You're right, I've got nothing to lose since I'd just be throwing it away anyway. It's a shame it wasn't made to refill because it would be much more travel friendly and shade-mixing friendly.