Respected Contributor

Too Faced Coco Powder Foundation Shades

Anyone have this already and can comment on how the shades run? I want to buy it but having a tough time figureing out how the shades run. Might go to Ulta to check it out before ordering from HSN. They have it paired with a Kabuki brush that looks awesome for 40 bucks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Too Faced Coco Powder Foundation Shades

I use this foundation and love it. That is an awesome deal for the foundation and brush. I paid I think $35.00 at Sephora for just the foundation.

IMO this foundation runs a tad dark. I generally buy medium in foundations that run fair, light, etc. HSN was out of the medium when I wanted to get this so I went to Sephora. Sephora was out of the light/medium and knowing I always use medium, that's what I bought.

It is useable for me but when I repurchase, I'd go for the light/medium.

Super Contributor

I am tempted to get this with all 5 star reviews. Like I need another foundation like a hole in my head...

. Can I use this OVER say my IT CC foundation in a tube?

Respected Contributor

It looks like it runs dark, I wear medium/tan in most foundations. Tan in It Cosmetics CC cream. Thinking of buying the Light/medium in this because the Med/Tan looks very dark to me. I am medium complection who tans in the summer and some faux tan in the winter.

I also use Tan in celebration foundation. Want to order.

Respected Contributor

On 1/29/2015 annabella said:

I am tempted to get this with all 5 star reviews. Like I need another foundation like a hole in my head...

. Can I use this OVER say my IT CC foundatQUESTIONion in a tube?

I don't need it either but want it. Some reviewers on makeup alley were putting it over cc and bb creams.

Super Contributor

I just ordered the light medium.... I also ordered the Tweeked shampoo. One of each. What the heck.. easy pay, free shipping and no sales tax.

Honored Contributor

I wear fair to light in foundations and the fair matched me perfectly so I'd say it runs just slightly darker but not much.

Respected Contributor

I ordered the Tweaked too. Just noticed it when free shipping.

Esteemed Contributor

The Too-Faced Coco powder foundation shades seem to be a tad darker than expected. They also look warm yellow based. The texture feels pretty good, so if there's a color match for you, I would say if interested give it a try. The powder is fine enough so that it most definitely can be used as a finishing powder if you want to wear over CC and BB Creams, or another liquid/cream foundation. In fact, if used as your foundation the coverage will be sheer-to-slightly moderate. If heavier coverage is required, and you aren't a layering girl, then skip this one if you want a powder foundation.

Respected Contributor

I ordered the light/medium. I am usually a medium and they didn't have that selection so I am keeping my fingers crossed. The lighting on hsn is so different than Sephora's, I went by the color selection on Sephora's site to judge which color to order. And medium did seem kinda dark so we will see.

It is all very confusing. Some say it is light coverage, others say it covers, etc etc. I guess you have to try things yourself. I don't have a lot to cover, but I do want more than a sheer. The reviews are good so I am hoping for the best.